Deadline: September 23rd 2023 |Youth Start Up Competition Inspiring Future Young Entrepreneurs
Are you a budding entrepreneur with a game-changing business concept? Are you committed to supporting European ideals and principles while addressing urgent global challenges? The Youth Start Up Competition Inspiring Future Young Entrepreneurs, organised by the European Commission, aims to recognise and assist young entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 and 25 who are creating ground-breaking start-up concepts that address the most pressing problems of the day.
The Youth Start Up Competition Inspiring Future Young Entrepreneurs 2023 has been officially announced by the European Commission. The competition is intended to recognise and assist young entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 and 25 who are creating ground-breaking start-up concepts that address some of the most pressing issues facing society today.
EC is excited to introduce a fascinating new era for SME Week! The Youth Essay Competition (YEC) has helped young thinkers and innovators from around Europe and COSME nations get their start over the past few years. With the debut of the Youth Start-Up Competition (YSC), they are starting over this year!
The YSC is the innovative, audacious project that will make its debut at SME Week in 2023. This is more than simply a contest; it’s a chance for 18 to 25-year-old young entrepreneurs to submit their original start-up concepts that tackle today’s most important problems, like sustainability, social inclusion, and technical innovation.
Bring your business concept to the next level.
The YSC is a part of the European Commission’s continuous initiatives to stimulate entrepreneurship and promote businesses across Europe. They are dedicated to encouraging entrepreneurship as a promising career path for the coming generation because they understand the critical role that young people will play in determining the direction of the European Union.
Are you prepared to advance your start-up concept? If so, don’t pass up this fantastic chance to present your creativity, meet others who share your interests, and promote your startup. Get ready to leave your imprint on the entrepreneurial world by starting to prepare your video submission right away.
- The winner of the Youth Start-up Competition will be given a wonderful opportunity: the possibility to attend the EIC Summit in 2024. This is a prize for having an excellent entrepreneurial vision and commitment. For cutting-edge start-ups, this esteemed event will provide a vibrant forum for networking, knowledge sharing, and connections with thought leaders in the field.
- The EIC Summit is comparable to a SME gathering created especially to recognise and support ground-breaking start-ups.
What you must understand
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 25 and submit a video that is no more than three minutes long outlining your start-up idea, its importance, and your business plan in order to be eligible for the YSC. English should be used to submit the video. They are especially intrigued by start-up concepts that support sustainability and uphold EU ideals. Originality, distinctness, and the ability to attract attention from the general public and the media are other important selection factors.
- A jury will select the YSC winner based on three crucial factors: innovation, visibility, and communications. The three finalists will be publicly disclosed online and invited to the SME Assembly in Bilbao, Spain, which runs from November 13–17. At the event, they will get the chance to showcase their start-up concept and business plan at a special YSC session. A winner will be chosen after the jury and audience members cast their votes for their favourites.
- Attending the SME Assembly 2023 gives you the ability to meet possible partners and investors in addition to showcasing your startup. Young entrepreneurs can learn, develop, and work with professionals in the sector at the event, which offers a variety of workshops, panel discussions, and networking opportunities.
- Entry requirements include being a citizen of one of the following COSME nations and being between the ages of 18 and 25 (inclusive): Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Iceland, Kosovo, Moldova
Theme: Your start-up idea must support sustainability and adhere to EU principles.
- You must produce a brief video (no more than three minutes) outlining the concept of your start-up idea, why it is still relevant today, and a synopsis of your business plan.
- Videos can’t be longer than three minutes.
- English must be used in every video.
- Per applicant, just one entry.
Visit YSC for additional details.