Climate Science Olympiad 2023 (CSO23)
Deadline:10th June 2023 | Climate Science Olympiad 2023 (CSO23)
Applications open for the Climate Science Olympiad 2023 a student contest to identify climate change remedies. Are you prepared to assume the role of a world leader?, Submit now!
The Climate Science Olympiad 2023 has three age brackets: under 16s, 17-19, and 20-25 years old. Regardless of age, participants compete in the same qualifiers and answer the same type of problem statements. However, we only compare participants within their age brackets.
|WhatsApp Link:||Click Here|
|Telegram Link:||Click Here|
They score the three brackets independently and normalise scores within each. Semi-finalists, finalists, and winners are those with the highest normalised scores. This ensures fair comparison regardless of age.
- First place wins $5,000.
- Second place wins $3,000.
- Third place wins $2,000.
- Participants ranked 4th through 7th win $1000 each
- and 8th through 10th take home $500.
- All figures in USD. Winners will also get a chance to speak at the Award Ceremony, hopefully to be conducted at COP28
- Free to enter
- Age groups: <16, 17-20, 21-25
- You only compete with other students in your own age group.
- Participate solo or in a team of two
- Participants must be comfortable with at least one of the following 12 languages
- English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Italian, German, Polish, Dutch, Romanian
Format: The Qualifier round is a 25-minute online quiz. Participants are asked to answer 10 multiple choice questions. Those who get 8 or more answers correct in the Qualifiers, will move to the Quarter Finals.
The Quarter Finals round is a 25-minute online quiz. Quarter Finalists will have to answer 15 in-depth multiple-choice questions. Those who get 13 or more answers correct in the Quarter Finals, will move to the Semi Finals.
Timeline: The Semi Finals will happen every first Sunday of each month, namely 4th June, 2nd July and 6th August.
Format: The Semi Finals will focus on three key themes corresponding to 9 topics:
- Energy – Clean Energy, Sustainable Transport, industry
- Development – Sustainable Development, Sustainable Economics, Circular Economy
- Natural Systems – Sustainable Agriculture, Biodiversity, Water Resources
Format: Finalists receive a complex global problem and they have to write a 3000-word proposal aiming to solve the problem at hand. They then present their solution in a 20-minute presentation judged by world-leading scientists, innovators and policy-makers.
For further information, visit CSO23
Leave a Comment