Deadline: February 28, 2023 | Rice University Business Plan Competition 2023
Applications open for the Rice University Business Plan Competition 2023. The competition, now in its 22nd year, gives collegiate entrepreneurs practical experience to pitch their ideas, enhance their business plans, and discover what it takes to found a successful company.
The “advancement of letters, science, and art” is the mission statement of Rice University, a private, independent institution. With a wide range of academic programs in the humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, engineering, architecture, music, and business management.
During the past 20 years, it has grown from nine teams competing for $10,000 in rewards in 2001 to 42 teams from around the world competing for over $2 million in cash and prizes.
- Energy, Cleantech and Sustainability
- Hard Tech
- Life Sciences and Healthcare Solutions
- Digital Enterprise
- Consumer Products and Services
- More than $2 Million in investment and cash prizes awarded to winners
- Benefit from an intense, educational experience over the multi-day event for student startup founders to pitch to investors, receive feedback and advance their startup.
- More so, significant time designated for interaction with judges and prize sponsors, the majority of whom are from the investment community.
- The mentoring program helps founders make their startups stronger, better, more equipped to fundraise and excel in the entrepreneurship ecosystem.
- The startup should be student-driven, student-created and/or student-managed.
- Have at least two current student founders or management team members, and at least one of those students is a current graduate degree-seeking student.
- Students from any college or university anywhere in the world can apply.
- The startup has not raised more than $250,000 in equity capital prior to July 1, 2022.
- The startup has not generated revenue of more than $100,000 in any 12-month period prior to July 1, 2022.
- The startup is seeking funding or capital (or will be in the next 12 months).
- The startup is a potentially viable investment opportunity.
For further information, click here