Canada-Africa Innovation Fellowship (CAIF) program 2023
Deadline : February 17, 2023 | Canada-Africa Innovation Fellowship (CAIF) program 2023
We are pleased to announce the opening of submissions for the Uganda cohort of the 2023 Canada-Africa Innovation Fellowship (CAIF) program.
The Canada Africa Innovation Fellowship is an Innovation Accelerator that gives students the chance to work on cutting-edge solutions to issues in the real world.
In its third year and taking place in person for the first time. University students from Canada and Uganda can collaborate to develop 21st-century solutions through a fellowship offered by EWB-Canada. Eight young leaders from Canada and eight young female leaders from Uganda will collaborate through this fellowship to study, develop, and accelerate ideas in order to achieve a long-term sustainable and inclusive future.
The initiative will serve as a catalyst for inspiring young leaders to develop original, scalable solutions to world problems.
This Ugandan cohort of 2023 will only be made up of female students, most of whom are drawn from STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) institutions. This is an endeavor to support the development of the Ugandan community of female innovators and to make use of science, technology, and engineering as instruments for global development.
The fellowship brings together young leaders from Canada and Africa by providing them with a forum to exchange professional, intellectual, and cultural knowledge, collaborate on solutions, and approach their work with a gender lens. During the fellowship, the fellows will have the chance to spend some time in Kampala, the country’s capital, and a rural area in Eastern Uganda. The platform also helps executives in Canada and Uganda gain expertise and ability in the fields of innovation and technology.
Through CAIF 2023, students will develop the leadership and problem-solving abilities they need to be successful in school, the workplace, and their communities. This show will include:
- a focus on developing the professional, entrepreneurial, and innovative skills of fellows through an accelerator-style training program, expert mentoring, and coaching
- the chance and capacity to involve young people in an innovation design competition to come up with answers for complicated global issues
- As opposed to prior cohorts. Field expenses for the African cohort of 2023 will be paid for by EWB Canada; however, there will be no salary component to this fellowship.
Candidates who want to apply for the Innovation Fellowship must:
- previous to the time of application, be older than 18;
- EITHER be a recent graduate who graduated in 2022, OR be a full-time undergraduate student who is enrolled in their final year of study or above at the time of application;
- being based in Uganda as a citizen, permanent resident, temporary resident with a valid student or work visa, or with a status as a Protected Person (such as a refugee);
- having a passion for business, innovation, and climate change;
- possess the motivation, aspiration, and curiosity to discover fresh solutions to challenging problems;
- the ability to effectively evaluate and analyze information in order to identify important concerns and provide workable answers; the capacity to obtain thorough knowledge on difficult problems or circumstances;
- possess a burgeoning entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to co-found a project that might have a significant impact on millions of people in Canada and around the world;
- possess the drive to establish global ties and work together with individuals from various places in Canada and sub-Saharan Africa;
- possess a laptop and internet access;
- being able to devote 4 months, from May 2023 to August 2023, spending 35 to 40 hours per week on practical workshops, activities, and some online sessions;
- be prepared to continue developing your concept after the fellowship;
- be able to communicate well in English as your primary language.
Our Commitment to Invest in our Fellows:
Powerful concepts are made real by people. At EWB, we find, support, and equip brilliant leaders to improve the prospects for the entire globe. We identify potential and make investments in individuals who are able to transform big ideas into significant impact. If selected as a 2023 Canada-Africa Innovation Fellow, you will have the chance to:
- Take part in a number of learning labs led by professionals with practical knowledge of the social innovation ecosystem;
- Receive coaching and mentoring from seasoned industry professionals gathered from all across the world;
- Network, work together, and take advantage of many peer-to-peer learning opportunities with like-minded people from various cultural backgrounds;
- Having the chance to co-found a project that can affect millions of lives worldwide;
- Be recognized as an EWB Canada fellow / alumni of the Canada-Africa Innovation Fellowship Program at a graduation event where diplomas will be given out, opening up more networks and opportunities for your professional, leadership, and entrepreneurial advancement.
Important Dates (Only for Applications Based in Uganda):
For More Information, Click Here
To Apply for Canada-Africa Innovation Fellowship (CAIF) program 2023, GO HERE
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are examined as they are received. Since there is a limited number of spots available in the program, applicants are advised to submit their applications as soon as possible. Applications received after February 17, 2023, will not be accepted.
Results of the application: by the week of March 6, 2023
Start of the program: May 2023.
Leave a Comment