About this role: head of electrical engineering-process in Qatar
As a global supplier of flexible workforce solutions and knowledge, Brunel links experts with clients all over the world.
We provide cutting-edge services to our clients on a global and local scale, including recruitment (people, talent, and training), logistics (global mobility and travel), technical services (project support and setup), and consulting.
With more than 12,000 specialists
120 offices worldwide and close to €1 billion
Brunel is today present in more than 40 countries (Revenue 2021).
Tasks and Responsibilities for the Head of Electrical Engineering-Process in Qatar
- Responsible for making sure work is carried out in a way that complies with company operations, policies, standards of conduct, and the company project management system (COMPANYPMS), both technically and otherwise;
- Conducting a cold-eyed examination of important electrical FEED deliverables;
- Overseeing the planning and design of electrical engineering projects and makes sure the EPC contractor develops the detailed design in accordance with the project’s specifications, industry standards, and any approved variations;
- Ensuring that the engineering design meets the expectations and goals of the project, resolve electrical discipline issues.
- Whenever necessary, communicate with project management and raise issues before they become more serious;
- For large electrical generation and distribution systems, large motor drivers, VFDs in both motoring and generating modes, combined cycle power generation, HV switchgears, electrical integrated control system (ELICS), plus power management system for generation, load sharing, and distribution control
- Review, evaluate, and provide advice on electrical simulations, optimization, in compliance with design methods, safety factors;
- Review technical aspects of electrical equipment purchase orders with EPC Contractor and vendors in accordance with the roles and responsibilities stated in applicable contract(s).
- Ensuring safe and seamless integration of new electrical equipment into the existing operating facilities (when applicable).
- Assess discipline plans and work schedules to ensure effective completion of project activities and provide data (narrative, charts, graphs), change management recommendations and recovery plans to address any schedule delays;
- Developing, updating and amending design / project philosophies, specifications and procedures ensuring that all references to Electrical Engineering are current and relevant;
- Monitor and provide guidance to EPC Contractor to ensure key discipline deliverables, progress/milestones are met.
- Recommend additional technical support where necessary to address gaps; Coordinate and analyse discipline issues for resolution.
- Providing Electrical Engineering input to other engineering disciplines, construction, procurement etc as necessary. Support commissioning, start-up and system completing activities and make appropriate recommendations to management on Electrical matters;
- Planning and scheduling Electrical Engineering deliverables to enable efficient execution in meeting project milestones/schedule;
- Contributing to Safety analysis studies such as SAFOP, HAZOP or HAZID and provide the required input to support project management in key decisions making.
- Participating in sharing lessons learned, together with capturing current lessons learned to benefit future projects.
What to bring:
- 20 years’ experience of Electrical Engineering, preferably in a major LNG Project.
- Broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, onshore LNG facilities and utility systems design, construction and operations;
- Requires demonstrated broad Electrical equipment and systems experience (HV/MV/LV electrical systems design, transformers, switchgear.
- Plus power management systems, electrical system controls for reactive and active power sharing, power distribution control, large Motors, 40MW+) and familiarity with relevant manufacturing processes and relevant industry codes.
- High voltage and large-scale onshore power design requirements.
- Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry;
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from variety of cultural backgrounds;
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
Recommended Skills for the Head of Electrical Engineering-Process in Qatar
Control Systems Design Methods
Electric Power Distribution