Francis H. Brown African Scholarship 2023 for aspiring East African earth scientists and botanists (Up to $30,000 annual prize)
Deadline: January 10 2023
Applications open for the Francis H. Brown African Scholarship 2023, submit ours now!
By offering financial support to East African academics and students conducting study in these fields, the Francis H. Brown African Scholarship Fund aims to advance human knowledge and scientific interest in earth sciences and botany connected to human beginnings.
Additionally, the fund designed to promote research that advances Dr. Francis H. Brown‘s body of work and increases East African institutions’ and nations’ capabilities in earth and botanical sciences.
- A maximum annual prize of $30,000 for each applicant.
- Students or researchers of African descent who are residents of Kenya, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Uganda, South Sudan, Djibouti, Rwanda, Burundi, Somalia, or Eritrea.
- Are pursuing a graduate degree at an accredited university, preferably from, but not limited to, an institution located in sub-Saharan Africa
- have finished their doctoral degrees not longer than ten (10) years prior to the time of application for funding from this source eligible to apply.
- Candidates engaged in earth science or botanical research focused on human ancestry.
- After receiving their degree, applicants must show a commitment to a career in their field of study, with a focus on research and teaching in their home country.
- You will be required to upload attachments to your application during the application process.
- For each of the attachments, kindly adhere to the directions below. Except for the application photo, all attachments must be supplied as PDF files.
- Describe your intended course of study or training, your areas of interest in research, your career objectives, and your expected employment prospects in your native nation.
- Please keep this attachment to three pages, 12-point type, single spacing.
Comprehensive Proposal Budget
- To get the budget worksheet, please click here.
For further information, visit Francis H. Brown
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment