Women-led small to medium enterprises (WSMEs), as well as community enablers and entrepreneurship support programs in Africa, are encouraged to apply for the Enhancing Women Entrepreneurship in Africa (EWEA) at Seedstars program’s mentorship and skill-building workshop series.
Deadline for Applications: December 31, 2022
The AFAWA (Affirmative Finance Action for Women in Africa) Initiative, Seedstars, and GrowthAfrica joined together to create the EWEA program.
The Project’s goal is to reduce gender inequality and to give all African women access to economic development. The Project’s specific goals include enhancing the capability and sustainability of enablers supporting women-led small and medium-sized businesses (WSMEs), as well as expanding WSMEs’ access to capital, mentorship, and exposure.
Enabling organizations and WSMEs that are active in at least one of the following nations: Cameroon, Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), Kenya, Malawi, Morocco, Mozambique, Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Rwanda, Zambia, Ivory Coast, Ethiopia, Angola, Mali, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Botswana, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Gambia, Namibia, Cape Verde, Mauritius, and Nigeria.
Enablers need to sign up if they are:
- Based in one of the nations listed above
- Increasing the sustainability and viability of wsmes, utilizing creative ecosystem support strategies to fill the funding gap for wsmes,
- Introducing creative approaches to capacity building for wsmes, giving wsmes a digital presence and increasing their visibility online, and improving wsmes’ access to mentorship.
- If they are, wsmes should apply.
- Based in one of the aforementioned nations, between the seed and growth stage
- Include at least one female founder.
- Incorporating a digital component into their offering (example: mobile application, online shop, saas product, etc.)
- Open Call: December 1, 2021, through December 31, 2022
- December 2022 for sourcing
- Presented on January 2023
- Activities for the Program: February–May 2023
- Forum for Investors: June 2023
For Additional Information
Visit the Enhancing Women Entrepreneurship in Africa (EWEA) Program’s official website.