Deadline: January 10, 2023
All professional photographers working in the fields of photojournalism and/or documentary photography eligible to enter the World Press Photo Contest 2023 for free.
The annual World Press Photo Competition honors and acknowledges the year’s greatest photojournalism and documentary photography. They welcome a wide variety of tales and photographers to the competition from around the globe!
The six global regions that the 2023 World Press Photo Contest works with include: Southeast Asia and Oceania, North and Central America, Africa, Asia, and Europe.
Four format-based categories available for each region: Singles, Stories, Long-Term Projects, and Open Format. These categories include submissions that observe or record news-related incidents, events, and/or their consequences, as well as social, political, and environmental problems and/or remedies.
Your work as a winner will be:
- Included in our yearly touring exhibition, which attracts over 4 million viewers and is presented in more than 100 cities worldwide
- Published on our website and social platforms with over 2 million followers
- A part of our yearbook.
Additionally, you will get:
- Each of the 24 regional winners will receive €1,000, and the four worldwide winners will receive an additional €5,000.
- An invitation to an Amsterdam event for winners
- A physical award
- Professional photographers who work in the fields of journalism and/or documentary photography eligible to enter the World Press Photo contest.
- Team entries of two or more photographers allowed. Proof of professional status provided for each team member.
- The photographer(s) must be the author(s) of the photographs submitted in their name.
- The photographer(s), agent or representative entering on their behalf, must be the copyright holder(s) or authorized by the copyright holder(s) to submit the photographs.
- Entries must comply with the categories, as described here.
For further information, visit World Press Photo