Deadline: January 19, 2023
The Columbia University Obama Foundation Scholars Program application period is officially open for 2023–2024! Apply now.
Through an immersive curriculum that combines academic, skills-based, and hands-on learning, the Obama Foundation Scholars program will give rising leaders from the United States and around the world who are already making a difference in their communities the opportunity to take their work to the next level.
The Scholars program at Columbia University equips people with a demonstrated commitment to service with the knowledge and skills necessary to increase the impact of their efforts, find novel solutions to pressing global issues, and foster change through values-based leadership.
A worldwide network that transcends concerns and borders will be formed as a result of the program by emerging leaders who are committed to collaborating to address the most urgent problems of our day. Obama Foundation Scholars who successfully complete the program will:
- hasten the positive change in their neighborhood, get back to work on the global issue of emphasis and carry out the personalized action plan you created.
- Obtain a chance to participate in the Obama Foundation’s initiatives to encourage, support, and link up upcoming leaders from around the world.
The Obama Foundation provides a comprehensive curriculum of leadership development, training, networking opportunities, and individualized support to aid the Obama Scholars in acquiring the practical knowledge, abilities, and experiences they require to increase the impact of their work when they return home.
While planning how they would like to reinvest their new skills, networks, and knowledge after they graduate from the program, Scholars are able to gain insights from top leaders across sectors and from the wealth of knowledge across the network of Obama Foundation program participants thanks to these experiences.
- Monthly stipend to assist with living expenses in New York City
- A furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University
- Basic medical, dental and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City
- Air travel to and from home country and any program-related activities
Rising leaders from the United States and other countries who fit the following requirements are sought after by the Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University:
- Emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in their careers
- Have a proven commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country, coupled with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities following their completion of the program and apply their enhanced training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis for the benefit of these communities
- Fluent in English (verbal, written and spoken)
- Have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community.
- Similarly, have a demonstrated commitment to inclusivity, community-orientation, hope, courage, imagination, strategy, accountability, integrity and resilience
For further information, visit Obama Foundation Scholars