Deadline: 31 January 2023
Applications open for Vienna BioCenter Summer School Programme 2023, a 9-week Research Program for Life Science Undergrads at one of Europe’s leading Research Centers.
About 20 undergraduate students have the opportunity to collaborate with top experts in a fast-paced scientific setting during the Vienna Biocenter Summer School Programme, which is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The programme seeks to draw bright students from all around the world, fostering an environment rich in diversity. For students interested in graduate-level studies in the life sciences, it is the ideal preparation.
A faculty member assigned to each fellow, with whom they will collaborate closely. In the designated lab, the research project will concentrate on a current issue. The scholar will be required to conduct experiments, analyze data, come up with ideas, and present their findings with the assistance of a lab member.
- Selected fellows receive free student accommodation, a stipend of 1400 euros after tax for the nine-week programme, medical insurance and others.
- Welcome applications from students (BA Hons, Master, MSc) from all around the world who are undergraduates/master students, and have completed at least two years of university study in a Life Sciences related study. have one of the following:
Completed at least 2 years of a University study (e.g. 2-3 years of a Bachelor (Hons) study or 1 year of a Master study – by 30 June) as follows:
- In Year 3 of a 4-year BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in a Life Science related subject
- In Year 4 of a 4-year BA (Hons) or BSc (Hons) in a Life Science related subject WITH an acceptance or intention to apply to a Master program (this will be checked later)
- In Year 1 of a 2-year Master course, MSc in a Life Science related subject
- In Year 2 of a US undergraduate Bachelor in a Life Science related subject
- In Year 2 of a 4-Year BTech (india) in a Life Science related subject
- 3-months research experience
- Good academic record
- High level of English language
- Evidence of enrolment in a University programme for the current academic year and the next year (if possible)
- MDs may only apply if they have completed 3-4years of their studies and have the relevant research experience, they must also intend to study a PhD in a Life Science related subject after completion of their current studies
For further details, visit Vienna BioCenter