International Court of Justice Judicial Fellowship Program 2023–2024
Deadline: 5 February 2023
The 2023–2024 Judicial Fellowship Program now accepting applications from qualified colleges worldwide, according to the International Court of Justice (ICJ) (formerly known as the University Traineeship Programme).
To give new law graduates the opportunity to get professional experience working at the ICJ, the Programme was founded in 1999. The Fellowship Programme actively involves participants in the work of the Court and gives them the chance to build on their experience while working under the supervision of a judge, with the goal of improving their grasp of public international law and the Court’s procedures.
The Judicial Fellows collaborate with the judge’s chief legal assistant while working full-time under the direction of a member of the court. The Judicial Fellows can anticipate participating in the Court’s open hearings, conducting research and writing memos on legal issues or factual details of cases now before the Court, and carrying out other tasks delegated by their judge. Early September through early June of the following year make up the approximate ten-month term of the Fellowship.
- Universities strongly encouraged to limit nominations to candidates who have shown excellent results in their legal studies more so, demonstrated an interest in public international law through their studies, publications and/or work experience.
- The official languages of the Court are English and French, and participants must have excellent reading, writing and oral skills in at least one of them.
- A working knowledge of the second official language is an asset.
- Candidates 31 years of age or younger at the time the Fellowship begins. This requirement waived in special circumstances.
- In making its selection, the Court seeks candidates of diverse nationalities.
- While it is possible to nominate a single candidate, the Court encourages universities to propose more than one nominee.
- The Court does not accept applications from individuals.
- Applications submitted by Friday, February 5, 2023. apply here
- By April 2023, the Court is anticipated to have made up its mind regarding the nominees. Universities nominating also receive information accordingly.
For further information, click here
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment