The YALI East Africa Regional Leadership Program 2023 Cohorts 49, 50 & 51 for young East & Central Africa Leaders (Fully Funded) is now
Deadline: December 9, 2022
The YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa Programme 2023 is now accepting applications. Young people between the ages of 18 and 35 from Burundi, Central African Republic, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, and Uganda prepared to embrace leadership and put forth the significant effort to transform their nations sought after by the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa.
Selected candidates will take part in a 4-week residential leadership program with an emphasis on innovation, teamwork, creative learning, and communication. The program places a strong emphasis on experiential and interactive learning, which encourages each participant’s capacity to participate both independently and collaboratively.
Selected individuals will take part in leadership development activities across three study tracks:
Enterprise and Business
Civic Management Public Administration
Young East African leaders that fit the following requirements are eligible to compete for the YALI Regional Leadership Center East Africa, which is merit-based.
- Are nationals and inhabitants of one of the following countries, and between the ages of 18 and 35 at the time the application is submitted. Central African Republic, Burundi. Tanzania, Uganda, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo,
- neither citizens nor lawful permanent residents of the United States.
- Are capable of reading, writing, hearing, and speaking English, and Are eligible to get any required visa for Kenya.
The following factors will be used by selection panels to assess applications:
- a track record of leadership in business, entrepreneurship, or civic action.
- Active participation in volunteerism, mentoring, or public or community service.
- the capacity to respect others’ perspectives and cooperate in a variety of groups.
- solid interpersonal and communication abilities.
- a vibrant, upbeat outlook.
- knowledge, interest, and expertise in the chosen area or career route, as well as
- a promise to use your leadership abilities and training to advance your community or country after the program.
- There won’t be any discrimination against applicants based on their gender, race, ethnicity, color, socioeconomic situation, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
The application period is currently OPEN and will close at 5:00 p.m. for Cohorts 49, 50, and 51. On December 9, 2022, EAT!