The UN Global Compact Business & Human Rights Accelerator 2023 is currently accepting applications. The Business & Human Rights Accelerator is a six-month initiative that engages businesses from various sectors and geographical areas in the UN Global Compact. By building a continuous human rights due diligence process, this practical approach will assist you in moving from commitment to action on human rights and labor rights. (Business & Human Rights Accelerator for the UN Global Compact 2023)
December 16, 2022 is the deadline.
The fundamental tenet of human rights is that every individual has a right to be treated with dignity. Businesses frequently have an impact on the human rights of their own workers, workers under contract, people in their supply chains, residents in the area where they operate, and even the final consumers of their goods or services. They affect almost all of the internationally acknowledged human rights, whether directly or indirectly. As a result, businesses have a duty and a chance to promote human rights throughout their operations, supply networks, and other areas.
Is your company able to know and show that it supports and respects the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights and that it is not complicit in human rights abuses?
- How to understand your obligations to uphold the human rights and labor rights enshrined in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Declaration on Fundamental Principles and Rights at Work of the International Labour Organization.
- How to set up an ongoing, international standards-compliant human rights due diligence procedure.
- How to document and share your human rights due diligence journey, including through the annual public disclosure requirement for all UN Global Compact participants, the Communication on Progress.
You’ll benefit by:
- an awareness of where your company is in terms of human rights.
- an evaluation of existing and potential negative effects on human rights and the capacity to set priorities for action.
- the capacity to lessen the effects of your violations of human rights, including recourse options.
- methods for including stakeholders in business consequences.
- An action plan to promote human rights inside and outside of your organization.
- a network of peers, UN allies, and subject-matter experts who can help you on your human rights journey and collaborate with you to address enduring obstacles to human rights due diligence
- a document attesting to program completion.
Companies from all across the world are invited to join the UN Global Compact’s Business & Human Rights Accelerator. Companies must be members of the UN Global Compact. Similarly, actively involved in, or willing to join, a Global Compact Local Network in their region in order to participate.
In February 2023, the Accelerator program will get up with an introductory webinar. It is to be confirmed when Local Network sessions will officially begin.