ZUKOnnect Fellowships 2023 (Fully funded)
Deadline: February 15, 2023
Applications for ZUKOnnect Fellowships 2023 currently open. Submit right away! Early-career scholars from Africa, Asia, and Latin America affiliated with one of the University of Konstanz’s thirteen departments encouraged to participate.
The Zukunftskolleg is an Institute for Advanced Study (IAS). It offers fellowships as well as a diverse support network to promote the independence of early career researchers. There are up to four (post-)doctoral stipends available for up to three months of on-campus research at the Zukunftskolleg (with justification for up to 4 months).
In addition to the on-site ZUKOnnect Fellowships 2023, a 12-month digital affiliation is included. The digital affiliation will begin in the summer of 2023. The on-site ZUKOnnect Fellowships’ ideal start date falls between 15 September and 15 October 2023.
The Zukunftskolleg Fellows will work with the ZUKOnnect Fellows to support them throughout their whole research stay and to help them settle into their departments. Thus, despite their relatively brief stay, the ZUKOnnect Fellows will be an essential component of the Zukunftskolleg community. Likewise, the intercultural exchange will be extremely beneficial to Zukunftskolleg Fellows.
- During the on-campus research stay, a stipend of € 1,200/month for doctoral students and € 2,000/month for postdoctoral researchers (following DAAD guidelines).
- Standard expenses for one economy-class trip to Konstanz and back.
- The chance to participate in events organized by the Zukunftskolleg.
- Access to library resources, IT services as well as Access to research support services (via Research Support).
- You are educated more so, currently work in Latin America, Asia and/or Africa.
- Hold a doctorate (max. 2 years, doctoral degree granted after 15 February 2021) OR are a doctoral student in your final year.
- Your doctorate was/ is going to be completed at a university in Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- You do not hold a permanent professorship, nor do you have a habilitation or equivalent qualification (Venia legendi).
- Your research project fits to one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- You should name a researcher at the University of Konstanz – possibly a current Fellow of the Zukunftskolleg – with whom you intend to collaborate (please do not contact person(s) in advance).
- Submit your application documents in English as separate PDF files via online application portal.
The reference number is 2022/289. Applications should include:
- A letter of motivation (including your objectives for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg and an explanation of how your research ties in with the research landscape at the university; maximum 2 pages)
- Short summary of your ongoing research project (maximum 3 pages incl. references)
- Detailed work and time plan for your on-campus research project at the Zukunftskolleg (maximum 2 pages)
- Your curriculum vitae
- Relevant certificates (doctoral certificate OR a letter from your doctoral supervisor confirming the status of your doctoral thesis)
- One academic letter of reference, ideally on official letterhead paper and signed by the respective reviewer
For further information visit Zukunftskolleg.
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment