Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship 2023
Deadline: December 4, 2022
Applications open for the Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship 2023 for African students and recent graduates who want to solve pressing problems and bring entrepreneurial ideas to life.
Applicants have the opportunity to access training, materials, financial support, and a network of mentors through the Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship, which will help them develop their entrepreneurial skills and begin to build their own business. The eight-month program helps leaders to cultivate their outstanding entrepreneurial mentality and skill set in order to create lasting social and financial impact.
Jim Leech Mastercard Foundation Fellowship on Entrepreneurship Benefits
They make the best of their innovation center available to participants who show a willingness to learn, take chances, and give it their all.
- Business bootcamp delivered by Queen’s University faculty and industry leaders who bring decades of combined entrepreneurship and C-Suite experience
- The Disciplined Entrepreneurship framework, a proven step-by-step framework for scalable startups developed at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Pitch coaching and mastery
- Live workshops on marketing, goal setting, and recruiting held throughout the program
- Opportunity to earn micro-credentials on Entrepreneurship awarded by Queen’s University for successful completion the courses
Mentorship and Networking
- Communicate with the mentors and speakers driving entrepreneurship and innovation in North America
- Access the Global Entrepreneurial Alumni Network of Queen
- Join a group of tens of thousands of African graduates and students who share your interests.
- In the program’s final round, fellows partnered with business owners and leaders in the industry.
- Obtain input at critical early-stage milestones
- The final step will choose up to 60 Fellows, each of whom given a $500 Canadian stipend.
- Possibilities to compete in the pitch competition at the end of the program for prizes worth up to $15,000 CAD.
- Possibilities to visit the Dunin-Deshpande Queen’s Innovation Center and make long-lasting relationships that will support the growth of your business
- Students and recent graduates from all academic disciplines, and from any African post-secondary institution. Whether already working on a business or looking to start something new.
- They are looking for participants committed to developing their entrepreneurial mindset and taking advantage of the resources provided to develop their own enterprise.
- The program is delivered virtually and can be completed at any pace; however, the most committed participants will commit at least 10 hours per week.
- In order to progress through the program phases, participants will submit assignments online, adhering to strict deadlines.
- The program content is delivered in English. Mentorship may be offered in English and French. Assignments and pitches must be completed in English.
- Prospective fellows who are unable to speak or write English are still encouraged to apply and form teams with someone who can fulfill all the requirements of the program in English.
- Prospective fellows may also work with their local university to come up with a strategy to make sure they are able to access university resources that will help them navigate the challenge related to language ability.
Click here for further information
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment