December: December 14, 2022
Apply now for the Deutsche Welle (DW) Journalism Traineeship programme 2024. One of the most prominent journalistic training programs in Europe.
DW’s traineeship offers aspiring journalists from around the world the opportunity to gain all the skills necessary to succeed as a multimedia reporter and editor. They are searching for young people from all over the world who are enthusiastic about participating in a thorough program of great quality with a global broadcaster.
Deutsche Welle Journalism Traineeship programme covers the range of skills a journalist of the future needs, including TV moderating, multimedia storytelling, data journalism, social media, and virtual reality. More so in-seminars, workshops, and of course the DW editorial offices and their correspondent bureaux in Washington and Brussels.
- Trainees participate in long-term, innovative initiatives that span the globe. Similarly, the trainees typically continue to work for DW after the traineeship.
- The Grimme Prize and the CNN Journalism Award both given to DW trainees.
- Candidates should have expertise in journalism or be passionate about transferring from law, economics, the sciences, technology, or IT to journalism.
- They’re seeking for creative thinkers with an open mind. We are specifically looking for specialists from several fields. Additionally, you should be able to think creatively and independently.
- Native speakers of a DW program language with excellent knowledge English and a good knowledge of German
- English native speakers with a good knowledge of German
- German native speakers with excellent knowledge of English
- Candidates must also have completed a university or college degree or apprenticeship.