Deadline: 22 November 2022
For the Pre-Conference Programme 2022, applications now open. Theme Meaningful Youth Engagement for Advancing Sustainable Health Security in Africa.
On October 10, Africa CDC will host a youth pre-conference prior to its 2nd Annual International Conference on Public Health in Africa (CPHIA) 2022, on December 11, in Kigali, Rwanda. In order to achieve the full implementation of the NPHO and consequently promote health security in Africa and around the world, the Africa CDC and young people are working together to launch a long-term strategic engagement.
The Youth Pre-Conference’s overarching objective to offer a cooperative, transparent, and welcoming environment for young public health professionals to critically reflect on the state of public health in Africa today, share viewpoints on the role of young people in public health, and discuss opportunities to increase meaningful youth engagement in this field.
- Africa CDC welcomes applications from all qualified youth in Africa regardless of their gender, race, disability, religious belief, caste, or marital status.
- Young women encouraged to apply.
Experience and Leadership
- The conference intended for young individuals with experience in the fields of medical research, public health, and health technology as well as public health advocacy, development cooperation, and health-related journalism (at least as undergraduate students).
- The organizations represented should be youth-led and youth-focused organizations, groups, academic institutions, or in an individual prowess.
- involvement as a youth advocate and interest in public health
- Youth that have also led or engaged in public health related projects, research and initiatives invited to apply
- Aged 18-35
- Applications from young people who are members of youth-led organizations, networks, or movements are strongly welcomed.
- Youth participants must demonstrate commitment to public health engagement as an advocate or a practitioner in the area.
Applicants for the Youth Pre-Conference Programme 2022 expected to fill out the application form online with their personal information, educational as well as professional background attaching a:
- Statement briefly detailing why they want to participate in the Youth Pre-Conference, highlighting the role of the youth in advancing sustainable health security in Africa,
- A copy of passport.
- A curriculum Vitae.