Pre-summer, summer, and post-summer are the three components of the Student Leaders Program (SLP), with summer serving as its most rigorous component. (SIGN UP FOR THE MEPI STUDENT LEADERS PROGRAM)
Program attendance and participation
The intense 4-week summer program is tentatively set to run from June 28 through July 26, 2023.
There will be a virtual, hybrid, or in-person component to the summer program.
Students will implement their community engagement plans when the summer program is over, and they will also get assistance, training, and networking opportunities for their careers, including the chance to join the MEPI Alumni network, which has 2,000 members.
The MENA area may host a competitive follow-on Accelerator Workshop.
- Students from Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Qatar, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank and Gaza, and Yemen are eligible to apply. Students from Yemen and Syria who are citizens of the participating MENA nations may apply. Syrian citizens who reside within Syria are ineligible to apply.
- Undergraduate and graduate university students between the ages of 20 and 24 are eligible for this program (birth dates falling between July 26, 1998 and June 28, 2003).
- We look for a pool of candidates with a balance of men and women, and we favor traditionally underserved individuals.
- Applicants must be enrolled in and attending a university in their home countries, and they must demonstrate sufficient English language proficiency to engage in university-level classes in the United States.
- Low-income students and those with little travel experience are especially encouraged to apply.
- Although candidates may be undergraduate or graduate students in any academic field of study, it is crucial that they show a sincere interest in pursuing leadership prospects in their home nations and have a desire to broaden their civic engagement.
- SLP – Students Leadership Program does not discriminate on the basis of social standing, gender identity, physical ability, race, color, religion, or ethnicity.
The applicants who have never visited the US before will be given preference. Participants cannot be either a U.S. citizen or a U.S. legal permanent resident at the time of application or while taking part in the program.
Participants apply in what ways?
Online applications for the course are accepted at https://studentleaders-apply.smapply.io/.
Deadline On December 19, 2022, at 23:59 GMT, the application for the 2023–2024 Student Leaders Program will expire.