Deadline: 1 December 2022
With aim of bringing together global food system architects who are aware that we must all work together to address the biggest food system concerns of our day, Rockefeller Foundation-Acumen is welcoming applications for the Food Systems Fellowship 2023
Through Acumen Academy, the world’s school for social change, the Rockefeller Foundation-Acumen Food Systems Fellowship is a demanding one-year leadership development program. Twenty food system builders from different parts of the world building more just, healthful, and sustainable food systems will be introduced to moral leadership concepts through the Food Systems Fellowship.
Fellows will take part in a variety of immersive lectures, workshops, and self-directed leadership experiments with top food systems facilitators. Over the course of the Fellowship year, the curriculum will incorporate both on-site and online instruction. After Year 1 of the Fellowship, Food Systems Fellows will become a part of Acumen’s international network of social innovators working to eradicate injustice and poverty.
What’s involved in the fellowship.
Year 1: Fellowship year
- Join a challenging year-long adventure with a diverse group of experienced food systems builders from around the world.
- By using key systems leadership techniques, you may strengthen your ability to innovate and promote change within the food systems.
- Learn with the assistance of skilled facilitators and top-notch professionals through a combination of immersive lectures, workshops, and self-directed leadership experiments.
- Part-time means that you continue to work while enrolled in the program.
- The Fellowship will cover all expenses associated with the program.
- Use examples from your work to lead your learning in the program, then apply what you learned to your work to generate or increase impact.
Beyond Year 1: What happens after the program
- Join “The Foundry,” a lifelong alumni community of more than 1,000 social innovators from around the world.
- Utilize the connections and resources available to you to advance the critical work you are doing to create a world that is fair, inclusive, and sustainable. Access to social innovators, investors, and mentors is part of this.
- Throughout the fellowship year, Acumen will pay for all associated costs. This covers all expenses related to physical seminars, such as housing, meals, travel, and visas, as well as any technology fees for online seminars.
- They support applicants involved in any type of project related to food systems work. We are looking for individuals with a vision for creating healthy, regenerative, and equitable food systems who have worked in the food systems field for at least five years.
- They are searching for systems leaders who have an entrepreneurial attitude and are aware that solving the biggest problems facing our food system will require all of us.
- They do look for those who have influence within the communities and food systems programs they work with so they may affect change locally.
- They are searching for people actively involved in leading one or more initiatives or groups that dedicate their full time to improving the food system. However, if a candidate can show a full-time dedication to the work of food systems, they will take their part-time employment into consideration.
- Taking Acumen Academy courses prior to the fellowship strongly encouraged
- Each cohort of the Food Systems Fellowship will consist of 20–22 Fellows chosen by Acumen from all over the world.
- The applicants who will move on to the next step of the process will be chosen by their selection team after each stage of the process has seen the submission of applications. Similarly, all applicants will be updated by the team on the status of their applications at each stage of the application process.
- Candidates must have a reliable internet connection for the duration of the entire application process. All application materials must be submitted online using a portal. They strongly advise using Firefox or Google Chrome as your browser. They will not accept late entries brought on by internet or technological difficulties. Please make sure you prepare ahead and submit your application long before the deadline.
- Apply: tell us about your journey in food systems work so far and your vision moving forward. 16 Oct – 1 Dec 2022
- Complete Assignments: show us your capacity for leadership and the impact of your work. 2 – 15 Jan 2023
- Attend the Selection Conference: connect with food systems finalists across the world and explore why this is the right time for you to be a Fellow. 11 – 12 Mar 2023
- The Rockefeller Foundation – Acumen Food Systems Fellows 2023 Cohort Announcement: Apr 2023
- Immerse Yourself in the Food Systems Fellowship: Apr-Nov 2023
For further information visit Rockefeller Foundation-Acumen