AFAWA Women Entrepreneurship Enablers Progamme 2022 (up to $250,000 grant)
Deadline: November 11 2022
Applications open for the AFAWA Women Entrepreneurship Enablers Progamme 2022. The African Development Bank’s AFAWA initiative asks business enablers to apply for second round of funding to support Africa’s women-led businesses
AFAWA is providing grants to organizations that support the development of African women-led companies that will power the economies of the continent. The call for proposals will be financed through the Gender Equality Trust Fund (GETF) of the African Development Bank Group.
Targeting women’s business associations, incubators, accelerators, women-led cooperatives, and civil society organizations that support the growth of women entrepreneurs on the continent, the Affirmative Finance Action for Women in Africa (AFAWA) initiative of the African Development Bank Group is launching its second call for proposals for the Women Entrepreneurship Enablers program.
The initiative assists formal women-led small and medium-sized firms (SMEs) with projects that improve their profitability and sustainability and gives them access to funding sources for business expansion. Successful proposals will show creative methods for creating a nurturing environment for female entrepreneurs with the goal of enhancing women’s SMEs’ access to financing
- The Bank’s Gender Equality Trust Fund will offer one-time funding of between $100,000 and $250,000 to eligible organizations upon request.
- Organizations in the Sahel and North Africa particularly encouraged to submit a proposal, and applicants from all 54 African nations welcomed.
- In collaboration with financial institutions, enablers expected to create a comprehensive and long-lasting capacity-building program to facilitate access to finance.
Funding Principles and Criteria
- The projects implemented in more than 2 countries.
- The project should not last more than 2 (two) years.
- Recipients and project sponsors Africa-based or provide evidence of partnership with African entities and show that the proposed activities, operations, and projects implemented in Africa.
- Applicants must be legally constituted institutions that have been in existence for at least three years with strong financial and procurement procedures.
- Encouraged for applicant enablers to work together in groups of two or more.
- Partnerships strongly encouraged particularly with one or multiple financial organizations and with both public and private sectors.
- Previous experience in managing external funding and executing projects from donors required.
- Proposals submitted through the application platform and include the Application proposal template available on the platform in Word format; (you can also download it here)
- Application proposals submitted either in English or French and should not exceed 10 pages including cover page and any annex. No assessment of any proposal of more than 10 pages done.
- The deadline for submission of all proposals is November 11, 2022, 23:59 GMT. On Friday, October 21, 2022, at 10 AM GMT, a webinar held to provide more details. To register, kindly click this link.
Visit AFAWA for further information
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment