Deadline: October 29 2022
The International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) Youth Forum 2023 is here, be a part of the emerging generation of decision-makers by submitting your application!
The New Generation of Decision Makers, the fourth IRENA Youth Forum 2023, will take place on January 13, 2023, in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, in conjunction with the thirteenth session of the IRENA Assembly. Heads of State/Government, Ministers, and international stakeholders convene in the Assembly, the Agency’s supreme decision-making body, to discuss and progress the energy transition.
The IRENA Youth Forum 2023 will fortify youth networks and link them with world thought leaders, elected officials, and IRENA specialists. The Forum will give young people a place to participate in the Agency’s purpose of accelerating the deployment of renewable energy to meet climate goals and advance the sustainable development agenda.
Participants will be able to bring a youth perspective to the discussion of global energy through a number of interactive activities, including open conversations and topic workshops.
- Upon selection, up to 35 individuals will receive complete sponsorship, which includes lodging as well as transport.
- Application from young people who are at least 16 years old in LDCs, SIDS, and developing nations is strongly encouraged as the event aims for a worldwide and fair geographic representation of youth.
- The following documents required along with the application form, completed by young people who are at least 16 years.
- Academic resume
- Short essay (1000–1200 words) about a subject related to renewable energy and sustainable development that is particularly interesting to young people; this may also contain a project the applicants have worked on or are currently working on.
- Individual applications submitted by October 29, 2022. (at midnight, Abu Dhabi local time). However, participants chosen based on their dedication to advancing the adoption of renewable energy.
Visit IRENA for further information