Call for Applications from the International Water Resources Association: Become a future World Water Envoy for the IWRA.
The World Water Envoys Programme’s call for applications is now open, the International Water Resources Association (IWRA) is happy to announce.
During the XVIII World Water Congress in Beijing, China, from September 11–15, 2023, the chosen representatives will have the chance to highlight the challenging water issues they and their communities are facing and the solutions they are exploring for balancing the requirements of humanity and nature.
At the World Water Congress, we’d like to hear from representatives of youth and young professionals. In this regard, we invite those 18 to 35 years old from all over the world who are enthusiastic about managing water resources to share their experiences and work as they begin their careers. Applications from developing nations, women, and underrepresented groups are especially encouraged by IWRA.
Candidates must submit the following in order to apply:
- A film recorded on a phone or laptop that is up to two minutes long that describes the competing demands for water in their town, describing the issue’s origins, effects on the area, and current state of available remedies.
- One headshot of yourself at high resolution with an uncluttered background.
- One high-resolution digital image that best captures the effects of competing human and natural water needs in their community and/or any creative solutions. The candidate needs to be the photographer of the image.
- A fully filled out application form with the necessary details and permission for IWRA to use any photographs you send.
- The applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35. Be able to speak English and in public about their circumstances. No matter where the applicants are from, their community must have competing demands for water from both humans and the environment. Further,must be working to find a way to balance those demands.
By October 31, 2022, all items must be sent to email@example.com.
Please click here for additional information about the competition’s terms & conditions.
Prizes and Advantages
The travel to Beijing of the World Water Envoys, including:
- One round-trip ticket in economy to Beijing, China
- For lodging and breakfast between September 10 and 15, 2023
- For the duration of the trip, purchase travel insurance
- A ticket to the gala supper and full registration to the Congress, including all lunches
- Free Gold IWRA membership for a year
Regarding the World Water Congress and the Envoys’ role
The largest gathering of water researchers and policy experts worldwide is the IWRA World Water Congress. Since 1973, the topic has been “Water for All: Harmony between Humans and Nature,” and this is its 18th edition. The Congress wants to encourage cooperation and harmony between the requirements of environment and people in terms of water. The Congress will promote knowledge and experience exchange with a focus on investigating the interactions between water, people, and the natural world. identifying and balancing all water-related factors in a coordinated manner, and developing and putting into practice water management strategies and policies using methodical approaches.
Each World Water Envoy will have the chance to briefly discuss the challenges associated with balancing the water demands of humans and nature in their community. Also effects these competing needs have on daily life at the Congress.
The following days will provide them with the opportunity to speak with experts attending the Congress and in a special workshop in greater depth about these problems and potential solutions.
They will be invited to summarize their learning from the week and any connections made during the closing ceremony. This helps their community better meet the requirements of both humans and nature in terms of water.
Before the Congress, the IWRA and the World Water Envoys will start working together. The Envoys will have the chance to interact with IWRA and one another in the months before the Congress in September 2023. Further participate in associated Task Forces and projects.
Click Here To apply to Become a future World Water Envoy for the IWRA – International Water Resources Association