Deadline: 8 March 2023
Register now for the iF Design Student Award 2023! One of the most important design prizes for students from all over the world, with about 10,000 submissions each year.
You think design should concern on urgent questions and problems worldwide? Your studies have introduced you to the first steps of design practice? Would you like to present your ideas to a distinguished panel of experts and an international audience? Maybe get additional support in the form of prize money? Then apply now with your project free of charge!
iF Design is known for outstanding design and social engagement. Their events and exhibitions celebrate just that. In addition, their brand-new iF Design Trend Report summarizes the influence of megatrends on current global design – showing the impact design disciplines have on each other and how social trends and megatrends influence each other.
Together with their Sponsors, for iF Design Student Award 2023 provides a platform for students and their future-oriented concepts. Be a creative member of the design community and trust in your abilities, They do look forward to your ideas.
Winner´s logo + certificate
- Known the world over for nearly seven decades, the iF logo shows that you and your design are part of an international community of winners. You will also receive a digital version of the certificate to print it out.
EUR 50,000 in prize money
- The prize money will be divided among the best entries by our expert jury members. All those who win a cash prize will be immediately notified after the jury session.
Permanent digital presentation
- Your entry will be featured in the winners‘ section on the iF Design website. The presentation is permanent and not limited to the year you win.
iF Jury Feedback Chart
- Winners will receive their individual jury report for each awarded entry.
iF Design Exhibition
- Your award-winning concept will be presented in print form at the iF Design Center Chengdu, a hub for the creative industries and the interested public in Chengdu – one of China’s most progressive cities.
PR and Social Media
- We also launch an international PR and social media campaign after the final jury session, creating an ideal framework for you to take advantage of your award and contact media.
Awards Ceremony in Istanbul, Turkey
- All winners honored with a two-day event in Istanbul on 21 and 22 June 2023.
Who can participate?
- Students and recent graduates of all design-related courses and programs are welcome to register their concepts.
- Graduates who gained their diploma no more than two years ago are eligible to participate as well.
- All submissions should be in line with the UN SDGs
How to participate?
- Submit as many concepts as you like, but each can only be registered once per competition.
- You are not allowed to submit the same concept to several categories. Your concept can be a product, a project, an application, a communication idea or a service concept.
- Entries can be submitted by individuals and also by teams of up to four people.
- All data of your registration should be in ENGLISH for the international jury to access and judge.
- Participation is free of charge!
- Registration deadline: 8 March 2023
- Online Jury: 18 – 27 April 2023
- Final Jury, Berlin, Germany: 17 May 2023
- Information to the award winners: from 23 May 2023
- Awards Ceremony, Istanbul, Turkey: 21 – 22 June 2023
- Publication of the award winners: 29 June 2023