GLFx Africa Call for Applications 2022(seed funding of EUR 5,000)
Deadline: October 30 2022
For the GLFx Africa Call for Applications 2022, submit as soon as possible!
The GLFx initiative is opening a call to support new GLFx chapters that are leading action on the ground for the sustainability of Africa’s landscapes, with seed funding. The initiative is powered by community action plans that aim to facilitate community mobilisation training, the implementation of local restoration actions, and knowledge exchange.
GLFx is a decentralised network of independently-organised chapters that gather regularly to promote sustainable activities within their landscapes.Designed to accelerate global action towards sustainable landscapes by equipping members with the knowledge, technology, and networks to connect, share, learn, and act through a holistic approach.
GLF chapters can be:
- Teams of individuals that are obtaining NGO status
- Existing local NGOs or grassroots initiatives
- Existing networks, partnerships, or institutionalised stakeholder groups
- Whether your group is a new team, an NGO, or an initiative, the most important thing is that you are operating at the landscape level, and are mobilising – or are willing to mobilise – your community and the relevant stakeholders to promote sustainable landscape use.
The call is for groups of individuals (teams), networks, partnerships, initiatives, and organisations that:
- are based in Africa
- promote on-the-ground local actions and community meetings towards sustainable land use
- are well organised, with an administrative structure to receive and manage funds
- are diverse: gender balance is key in a team, and will be taken into account during the selection process
Please also note that:
- demonstrated experience in mobilising actors to facilitate local action is an asset
- groups with a strong commitment to promoting sustainable agriculture and restoration particularly encouraged to apply
- groups of individuals, or organisations, that have already initiated partnerships and dialogues with other stakeholders in the landscape are particularly invited to apply.
Selected chapters will receive:
- seed funding of €5,000 to run chapter activities
- community mobilisation training to enable coordinated restoration action
- workshops and/or toolkits to facilitate the implementation of a community action plan
- GLFx Secretariat support in key areas (e.g. technical assistance for platform onboarding, capacity development materials, and learning opportunities)
- a connection to, and support for, GLF charter members in their region and the GLFx chapter network
- promotional opportunities (e.g. profiles in the Landscape News online journal, speaking engagements)
If you become a chapter and receive seed funding, you will be expected to:
- offer regular multi-stakeholder gatherings – online or in person – to mobilise your community and coordinate local projects
- curate an online space on the GLFx platform to share your activities and opportunities, as well as to attract more members to your chapter
- lead action-oriented projects
- connect and collaborate regularly with the GLF, including by joining regular meetings and attending learning and knowledge-sharing events offered by the organisation
- engage in activities that foster learning, knowledge generation and sharing, multi-stakeholder collaborations, sustainable practices, and socio-economic transformation
Visit GLFx for further information on GLFx Africa Call for Applications 2022
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates.
Leave a Comment