Deadline: 2nd October 2022
Global Centre on Adaptation is currently welcoming applications for the Youth Advisory Panel 2023! The 2023 Youth Advisory Panel shall constitute a fourteen (14) member gender-balanced group from Latin America and Caribbean, Asia, Africa, North America, Europe, Middle East and North Africa, and Oceania.
Global Centre on Adaptation is an international organization working as a solutions broker to accelerate action and support for adaptation solutions, from the international to the local, in partnership with the public and private sector, to ensure we learn from each other and work together for a climate resilient future
The Youth Advisory Panel 2023 will provide strategic advice to the CEO of GCA on youth engagement to drive the adaptation agenda. Additionally, the Panel will contribute to the mission of GCA’s Youth Leadership Program, which is to mobilize the next generation of adaptation leaders around the world, empowering young people to make the case for adaptation on the global stage and make their communities more climates resilient.
Through action areas like the Youth Adaptation Network, Youth Advisory Panel, Capacity-building and Adaptation Education, and Training for Young Women Leadership on Adaptation. The Youth Leadership Program also promotes sustainable job creation and entrepreneurship for young people by strengthening entrepreneurial skills development through the YouthADAPT Solutions Challenge.
- Provide strategic advice to the CEO of GCA through quarterly meetings
- Provide advice to GCA Program Leads to accelerate adaptation action
- Provide advice to the GCA Youth Leadership Program activities
- Strengthen the Youth Adaptation Network (YAN)
- Foster youth participation in the adaptation agenda
- Movement-Building & Advocacy Roles of the Youth Advisory Panel
- Moderate youth-led and youth-dedicated activities supported by the GCA at regional, national and sub-national stakeholder fora to ensure youth inclusiveness
- Organize and attend global meetings for youth organizations to foster the youth adaptation movement
- Represent the Youth Advisory Panel in GCA-led and external convenings, advocating strong and bold commitments for Adaptation Action
The YAN will have a fourteen (14) member Youth Advisory Panel made up of young people who have proven experience in adaptation across GCA’s areas of work. The Youth Advisory Panel will be selected through an open call for applications.
The following criteria will guide the selection of the members of the Youth Advisory Panel:
- Good knowledge and understanding of the local and regional issues that are relevant to young people on climate adaptation
- Proven experience on youth leadership on climate adaptation at the regional level
- Capacity to commit to the Youth Advisory Panel for the required duration
- Ability to consider a broad range of views that reflect the diversity of youth and the urgency around climate adaptation
- Engagement with existing regional or international networks and organizations is preferred
- Capacity to commit 4 hours per week to the Youth Advisory Panel
- Prior engagement with GCA’s Youth Leadership activities is preferred
- Applications are open to young people aged between 18 and 35 years old
26th September – 2nd October 2022: Call for Applications
8th December 2022: Presentation of Youth Advisory Panel 2023
January – December 2023: Mandate of the Youth Advisory Panel 2023