Submit your application for the Africa Climate Mobility Initiative (ACMI) Youth Forum – COP27 Delegate. Together with the African Union Youth Envoy, UNICEF, the Migration Youth and Children’s Platform, YOUNGO, and the Resilient40 Africa, the ACMI has established a dedicated Youth Forum as part of its Community of Practice, to inform its work, drive common youth advocacy, and support youth-led and youth-focused action to address the risks and harness the opportunities associated with climate mobility in Africa. The work and engagements of the ACMI Youth Forum supported by the Robert Bosch Stiftung.
Deadline: 2 October 2022
The ACMI Youth Forum at COP27
At COP27 the Global Centre for Climate Mobility (GCCM), is hosting the Climate Mobility Pavilion (CMP). As one of the pavilions ten thematic days, 10 November has been designated as the Youth Day. ACMI Youth delegates for the CMP will be selected to ensure diverse geographic representation across Africa, gender balance and representation of a diverse range of experiences of climate impacts more so, mobility – with a focus on the most vulnerable.
- The expenses for travel to COP27 and accommodation during the stay at COP27 would be covered for the selected Youth Delegates.
- Special consideration given to those living in areas where the risk of climate impacts is the greatest, who would not usually have the opportunity to participate in global events and decision making.
- To be eligible, the applicant must be aged between 18-30 on the deadline date to be considered as a delegate.
- You must be from Africa in order to be considered for the Committee. Migrant and displaced youth living in Africa or born in Africa strongly encouraged to apply.
- 3-5 delegates selected through this application process. Applications collected through forms as well as nominations from UNICEF’s country offices.
- The applications reviewed by a Volunteer Youth Selection Committee. If interested in being part of the Volunteer Youth Selection Committee you may apply here (kindly note that you cannot be selected for the challenge or as a an ACMI Youth Delegate for COP27 if you participate in the Committee)
Visit official webpage for further information on Africa Climate Mobility Initiative (ACMI) Youth Forum – COP27 Delegate