International Olympic Committee (IOC) Young Leaders programme 2023-2026 (CHF 10,000 seed-funding)
Deadline: 20 October 2022
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) welcomes applications for the sixth generation of the IOC Young Leaders programme 2023-2026, supported by Worldwide Olympic Partner Panasonic. The four-year programme has a blended approach, combining virtual sessions and discussions, community spaces and learning through in-person as well as networking experiences.
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) Young Leaders programme 2023-2026 is delivered over four years to give participants sufficient time to go through the phases of developing a social business/project that provides a localised sport-based solution to a pressing challenge in their respective communities. Each year of the programme is designed around the development of the young leader and their sport-based social business/project.
Overall, the learning journey encompasses a wide range of subjects and experts, in areas such as human centred-design, prototyping, ecosystem mapping, leadership skills, customer segmentation, public relations, fundraising, impact measurement, user research, user testing, digital communications and finance.Similarly, most of the monthly learning will be online, and will include expert sessions, sharing of practical resources, connect group sessions and self-directed learning activities.
What each IOC Young Leader receives:
- CHF 10,000 seed-funding delivered over the four years
- Monthly expert-led workshops and guidance
- Access to thought-leaders and inspirational figures
- Exclusive invitation to attend the bi-annual IOC Youth Summit
- Invitations to attend and speak at global gatherings
- Networking and knowledge-sharing opportunities
- Leadership coaching
- A dedicated team on hand to provide support
They are looking to invest in and work with an exceptional group of young leaders who have the passion to solve local problems through grassroots sport-based initiatives and sustainable social business models.
The IOC Young Leader profile:
- 20-28 years old
- Proficiency in English
- Passion for sport as a tool for social and economic change
- Interest in community action
- Knowledge of the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Strong communicator and team player willing to learn and grow
- Comfortable in managing social media, and new technologies and platforms
This programme is for you if you want to:
- Turn ideation and research into real action and development of solutions
- Become a more effective and stronger leader in sport and social business (or a sport and social business entrepreneur)
- Drive local transformative change in and through sport.
- Represent and embody the Olympic values in action.
- Commit to a four-year entrepreneurial journey.
- Be both a mentee and a mentor through a comprehensive mentorship programme
- Collaborate with fellow young leaders, experts, researchers, sports leaders and social business entrepreneurs.
- Any young person aiming to leverage the power of sport to make a positive difference in their community can apply until 20 October 2022 and register for the compulsory initial four-week Learning Sprint as the first step in the application process.
- Once this step is completed, and based on the project idea submitted, 25 IOC Young Leaders will be selected to benefit from a comprehensive four-year programme.
- The process for selecting the IOC Young Leaders for 2023-2026 consists of two stages: the 4-Week Learning Sprint and the IOC Young Leaders Programme Application Process.
- Completion of the 4-Week Learning Sprint is the first prerequisite for a candidate to be eligible to apply for the IOC Young Leaders Programme.
- Registration for the 4-Week Learning sprint opens on 15 September and closes on 20 October 2022.
- The four sessions of the 4-Week Learning Sprint will take place in November: every Tuesday starting on 8 November. More details will be communicated to those who register.
- After successfully completing the 4-Week Learning Sprint (Certificate of Participation earned), a candidate becomes eligible to apply for the IOC Young Leaders Programme.
- The application process opens on 1 December and closes on 31 December 2022.
Visit IOC for further information
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates.
Leave a Comment