United States Institute of Peace (USIP) Peace Scholar Fellowship Program 2023/2024(up to $20,000 stipend)
Applications for the United States Institute of Peace (USIP) Peace Scholar Fellowship Program 2023/2024 are open. USIP funds up to 18 Peace Scholars for a 10-month, non-residential fellowship.
Deadline: October 6 2022.
USIP’s Peace Scholar Fellowship program awards non-residential fellowships to PhD candidates enrolled in U.S. universities who are writing doctoral dissertations on topics broadly related to conflict management, peace-building and relevant security studies. Since 1988, the program has supported the dissertations of 371 young scholars, many of whom have gone on to distinguished careers in research, higher education, and policy making.
This program partners with the Minerva Research Initiative to support additional fellowships relating to topics on peace and security studies. Currently, the program awards up to 18 scholarships per year, and awards support both research and writing stages of work on dissertations. Peace Scholars required to participate in an annual workshop. When their dissertation is completed and approved by their committee, the Peace Scholar is required to submit a copy to USIP at PeaceScholarFellows@usip.org.
- Peace Scholars receive stipends of up to $20,000 for the academic year, paid directly to the individual in three tranches. Peace Scholar awards may not be deferred.
- Applications from members of groups traditionally under-represented in the field of international relations, peace and conflict studies, security studies, and other related academic disciplines, as well as diplomacy and international policymaking, are strongly encouraged.
- USIP seeks applications from Ph.D. candidates with high-quality, policy relevant research that will deepen understanding about conflict management, peacebuilding and other applicable security-related studies.
- USIP strongly prefers applications closely related to the USIP Issue Areas and/or research priorities of the Minerva Research Initiative.
Special consideration given to proposed research in the following areas
- Strategic rivalry
- Violence and extremism in fragile states
- Global shocks
- American peacebuilding
Registration and Application Process
Applying for the Peace Scholar Fellowship competition is a two-step process.
- REGISTRATION: All applicants must register for this competition even if you have registered previously for another USIP competition. Register for an account here.
- APPLICATION: After completing the registration, applicants must prepare and submit a complete application here
- Registration opened: Thursday, September 1, 2022
- Registration closes: Thursday, October 6, 2022 at 4:00PM EDT
- Application deadline: Tuesday, October 18, 2022 at 4:00PM EDT
- Letters of reference due: Tuesday, October 25, 2022 at 4:00PM EDT
Vist USIP for further information on United States Institute of Peace (USIP) Peace Scholar Fellowship Program 2023/2024
Leave a Comment