Deadline: October 21 2022
McKinsey invites individuals passionate about Africa to apply to African Leaders on the Move Event 2022 to learn more about their offices, roles, and work in the region.
McKinsey has six offices in Africa: Johannesburg, Lagos, Luanda, Casablanca, Nairobi, and Addis Ababa. They serve many leading African organizations across sectors including energy and materials, financial services, consumer goods and retail, telecommunications, infrastructure and logistics, as well as the public and social sectors.
Similarly,they also play an important role in building capabilities and creating African leaders: both in our clients’ organizations and in our own. They will host three similar ALM events in the United States. You’re encouraged to select a location most suitable for you. Applicants should be in the US at the time of the event.
McKinsey African Leaders on the Move Event 2022 Dates and locations
- Atlanta, GA: Wednesday, November 2
- Boston, MA: Monday, November 7
- Washington, DC: Wednesday, November 9
Attendees will have the opportunity to do the following:
- Interact with McKinsey leaders as they talk about their entrepreneurial journeys, personal experiences, and expertise
- Participate in insightful discussions on various topics as you learn about McKinsey Africa.
- Learn about the potential opportunities offered in Africa
- Engage in social activities and connect with McKinsey colleagues and fellow participants
- They welcome applicants from various academic and professional backgrounds interested in pursuing an exciting career in consulting and passionate about working in Africa.
- Undergraduates, post-graduates, and professionals with up to eight years of experience invited to apply.
- This event is non-evaluative. It is an opportunity for you to get to know them and learn more about working with McKinsey in Africa.
To be considered for the African Leaders on the Move event, submit the following:
- CV in English (2 pages maximum). Your CV should include details of your education and grades, work experience, and extracurricular activities and achievements.
- Africa office location preference: You’re advised to make your choice based on geographic ties that is, you have studied or lived in the country. You should be fluent in the local language and meet work eligibility requirements of the country where the office you apply to is located.
- No cover letter or business experience required.
- Those selected to attend will be notified via email.