Challenge for Agribusiness Innovation in Acholi
The Acholi Agribusiness Innovation Challenge aims to advance food security, prevent hunger, and advance sustainable agriculture while also enhancing farmer livelihoods. The competition also aims to find and encourage creative business ideas that contribute to an equitable and sustainable food system in and around Northern Uganda.
Win a share of UGX40m in grants + 5 months of mentorship
About the challenge
The Acholi Agribusiness Innovation Challenge is a restructuring of the Caritas Switzerland and Starthub Africa-led Social Enterprise for Sustainable Livelihoods and Food Security in Northern Uganda project.
- In and around the Acholi Sub-region, identify and promote creative business solutions that contribute to a sustainable and equitable food system.
- To encourage sustainable means of subsistence in the Acholi Sub-region.
- Support 15 to 20 businesspeople who wish to or are currently delivering significant solutions to food security, malnutrition, and agricultural output in the Acholi Sub-region.
Application Deadline: October 9, 2022
Focused Thematic Areas
For business owners who wish to expand their operations and influence in the areas of food security, malnutrition, and agricultural production, or who already offer effective solutions in these areas.
- Malnutrition Problems
Information on the agricultural market
- Entry to Inputs
- Productivity of Food
- Food Wastage Control
- Smart farming and the climate
- Food Processing
- Digital Agriculture and Technology
- Instructional Services
Who may apply?
- Entrepreneurs with established businesses or innovations, as well as potential entrepreneurs with only a concept, are welcome to apply.
- applicants with a novel proposal for agriculture to execute in the Acholi Sub-region.
- anyone who has an agribusiness solution that has previously been put into practice in the Acholi Sub-region.
- entrepreneurs in the above-listed theme areas who have novel solutions.
- Applications are especially encouraged from women business owners.
For More Information about the Challenge Click Here
To Apply for Click Challenge for Agribusiness Innovation in Acholi – Uganda