Intake for the YouthAdapt Challenge 2022 is currently open. Applying is as follows:
The Global Center on Adaptation (GCA), the African Development Bank (AfDB), and Climate Investment Funds (CIF) jointly organize the Youth Adaptation Solutions Challenge (YouthADAPT Challenge), an annual competition and awards program for youth-led enterprises (50% women-led), as part of the Africa Adaptation Acceleration Program YouthADAPT Flagship Program.
The application Deadline: October 4, 2022.
Through encouragement of youth-led innovation and entrepreneurship in climate change adaptation and resilience across Africa, this challenge aims to increase sustainable job creation.
Young businesspeople and Micro, Small, and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSMEs) across Africa are invited to submit creative ideas for products and ventures that would help the continent become more resilient to climate change.
What will you benefit?
20 innovators will be recognized as winners in this challenge’s edition at an awards ceremony, and they will have access to post-award support in the following ways:
- Grants of $100,000 to each winner
- Mentoring and coaching, as well as capacity building
Who Should apply?
- Applicants between the ages of 18 and 35, youth-led
- Delivering solutions for climate adaptation or resilience that address current issues
- Functioning legally and registered in Africa
- Able to provide proof of income for at least two years
Solutions (goods, services, and tools) aimed at reducing vulnerability to climate change and boosting resilience are welcome in the YouthADAPT Challenge. Acceptable solutions may include:
- An industry that provides adaption solutions but has not scaled up or received general adoption
- An established enterprise or product that provides resilience and adaptability options
- A practical way to promote or expand the use of particular adaption solutions on a commercial basis.
Apply for YouthAdapt Challenge 2022 ($ 100,000 Grant) HERE