Deadline: 15 September 2022
CoreNet Global is announcing its 12th Academic Challenge 2022, Register now! They invite students from around the world to think creatively about a problem facing real estate professionals for renowned companies like USAA, Google, Standard Chartered, IBM, HSBC, AstraZeneca, Whirlpool, and many others.
During the CoreNet Global Academic Challenge 2022, Student teams from universities and academic institutions around the world are asked to play the role of an internal corporate real estate team in order to address a real-world issue facing companies around the globe more so develop strategies for the corporate real estate portfolio that prepare the company for a fluid workforce where virtual and augmented reality are practically applied to deal with the expected blend of remote and office workers
Sponsored by: Clune Construction, Cushman & Wakefield, IA: Interior Architects, and KI Furniture, CoreNet Global Academic Challenge 2022 aims at raising awareness of corporate real estate as a viable career opportunity amongst college students of all academic disciplines, to connect local chapters and members of the association with future talent, and encourage more universities to include corporate real estate in their curricula.
- The winning team awarded US$5,000.
(Team size & eligible participants)
- The competition is open to all students (undergraduate/graduate, full-time/part-time) currently registered at a recognized university.
- The competition is open to teams of two (2) to four (4) students; team members may be from different academic programs within one institution, and/or teams may comprise of students from more than one institution.
- Ideally, each team should comprise of a diverse range of students from different disciplines, such as (and not limited to) architecture, business, construction, engineering, facilities management, finance, interior design, and international business. Interdisciplinary teams may have an advantage when it comes to addressing this challenge.
- Each team must have a faculty advisor from their home institution, and their contact information included on the team’s registration form. In addition, each team must appoint a Team Leader. The Team Leader will be the main contact point for CoreNet Global, and emails sent to the email address provided by the Team Leader will be considered delivered.
- The three (3) highest-ranking submissions will advance to the Final Round.However, teams not required to present during Round One
- Teams selected as Finalists must inform the Challenge by email to AcademicChallenge@CoreNetGlobal.org no later than 5 October 2022 if they do not wish to participate in the Final Round.
Selection & presentation
A jury of corporate real estate professionals will select the teams to compete in the final round. Finalists will be notified on or before 3 October 2022.
Three teams, with a minimum of two (2) and a maximum of four (4) students each, selected to compete in the final round. Interested students required to submit a registration form, respond to several questions, and create a compelling presentation.
- Presentations may take up to, and no more than 15-minutes.
- A warning sign will be provided to presenters when they have 2 minutes remaining.
- Teams not allowed to exceed their 15-minute presentation time and will stop after 15-minutes have elapsed whether or not they have completed their presentation.
- Following each presentation, the judges allowed 5 minutes to ask the team direct questions. Questions not permitted from the audience.
The order of presentations determined by the Challenge. Finalists will present in front of a panel of judges, as well as an audience of CoreNet Global members, sponsors, and guests.
In the first round of the North American competition, your team’s responses to several questions will be judged based on the quality of thought invested, the appropriateness of each response, and originality and creativity. Each team is competing against every other team; there is no one “right” response. Rather, the judges will be comparing each response against all the others to identify the finalists.
For further information,visit CoreNet Global