Deadline: March 6, 2023
Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation is accepting applications for the Science without Borders® Challenge 2023 a contest aimed at providing science-based solutions to protect and restore ocean health
The Science Without Borders® Challenge is an international contest that engages students and teachers in ocean conservation through art. This annual competition inspires students to be creative while promoting public awareness of the need to preserve, protect, and restore the world’s oceans and aquatic resources, contributing to the overarching goals of the Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation.
The 2023 Science Without Borders® Challenge theme is “The Sixth Extinction.” For this year’s contest, you can help create awareness about endangered species. They ask students to create a piece of artwork that highlights the beauty and importance of a marine species that is on the brink of extinction. Learn about the theme.
Winners of the Science Without Borders® Challenge awarded with the following scholarships:
- 1st Place: $500
- 2nd Place: $350
- 3rd Place: $200
- This international art competition is open to all students 11-19 years old.
- Students must be enrolled in primary or secondary school, or the home school equivalent. College and university students are not eligible for this contest.
- Work judged in two categories based on age, with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes awarded for each: Students 11-14 years old and Students 15-19 years old
How to Apply
- To apply to the 2023 Science without Borders Challenge, fill out the online entry form, upload a picture of your artwork and make sure everything is submitted before the deadline.
- Under the age of 13, your parents is asked to provide consent, thus don’t wait until the last minute.
- Before applying, check out our Tips for Success for suggestions on how to make the most of your application, such as how to write a compelling artist’s statement and describing how your artwork relates to this year’s theme.
Visit official webpage for further information