Deadline: September 22nd 2022
Apply now for the Climatech Run Competition 2022 a Global Competition for tech-startups and digital artists addressing the most pressing climate challenges on the road to COP27.
Organized by Egypt’s Ministry of International Cooperation, Ministry of Communications and Information Technology plus Ministry of Environment, ClimaTech Run is a global multi-stage programme for tech entrepreneurs and digital artists who share a collective passion for sustainability and a better future for all. The ClimaTech Run competition 2022 connects science and creativity around technology.
They are looking for innovative tech-based solutions for a sustainable environment in food security, renewable energy, agriculture, water management, urban sustainability, and transportation or any new application of ICT in climate action. African countries are more prone to the negative effects of climate change. In light of this, there is an Africa-focused prize for African tech entrepreneurs, to recognize their efforts.
Participants must see the following criteria to participate in the competition
- Registered startup operating for over 2 years or a proven track record
- Has a team of at least 2 members, with member’s average age below 40
- Sustainably driven and innovative business-supported by one or more emerging technologies
- Not a spin-off or subsidiary of an existing company
- Has a functional prototype or MVP (minimum viable product)
- The team must have good communication skills and can present their startup in English.
Winners will be selected by an international panel of expert judges. The Prizes for this track are:
- Grand prize of USD 100,000
- 2nd prize of USD 50,000
- 3rd prize of USD 25,000
- In the Fusion of culture with technology, the competition has two tracks: ClimaTech Run’s track is for tech startups, and the ClimaTech Run’s track for digital artists (DigitalArt4Climate).
- ClimaTech Run extends from August 22nd to September 22nd to create a globally connected ecosystem that fuels inspiration and joy for climate action through worldwide live events and webinars.
- The application for both tracks closes on September 22nd.
- Ten tech startups will be shortlisted throughout the filtration process and invited to pitch during COP27 in November in Sharm El Sheikh.
- Public voting for the digital art track will take place from September 25th to October 5th 2022 to select the best three artistic expressions from a shortlist of art pieces curated and qualified by expert judges.