Beit trust is currently welcoming applications for its Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2023/2024! Submit yours now.
Deadline: 20 February 2023.
The Trust provides Postgraduate Scholarships for relevant courses at universities in the United Kingdom or South Africa. The next round of Beit Scholarships to be awarded is for the academic year beginning September 2023 for universities in the UK; and January 2024 for universities in South Africa.
- Fees, tuition costs and related academic expenses paid by the Trust direct to the Partner Universities.
- A personal allowance, index-linked in accordance with guidance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and departure.
- Economy Class tickets are provided for the initial journey to the place of study, and on final return.
- No allowances paid for spouses and other family members or dependants.
- The Trust will also address any expenses that may arise in 2023/24 as a result of residual Covid protocols.
- By Act of Parliament, the Beit Trust supports ONLY students who are nationals of Zambia, Zimbabwe or Malawi, who hold permanent residence, live there and/or intend to return to their country after their studies.
- Applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age on 31 December 2022. Relevant experience of work after completion of a first degree is strongly recommended and will count towards the award of a scholarship.
- Doctors and Vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December 2022. They should have completed 18 months of internship, and a one-year, preferably rural, posting in Zambia, Zimbabwe or Malawi.
- The Trust cannot consider applications from those who have already begun a course.
- The Trust will only consider applicants with First Class/Distinction or Upper Second Class degrees (or equivalent) at undergraduate level.
Ensure you have all the documents below ready to upload electronically. Once you start the application process, you must complete it, as you will not be able to save answers and return to it later. You will, however, be able to scroll through the form before you begin to fill it in.
You will be required to upload the following documents with your application:
- A signed Medical Certificate Form from your doctor. This will need to be completed before you begin the application process below. Please download the form here: Medical Certificate Form
- A copy of your offer letter from a UK Partner University/s; or a PDF document detailing the university/s and course/s you will apply to at a South African Partner University/s.
- Degree results (incl. certificates of importance and full transcripts).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- A personal statement (no longer than 500 words) to explain in your own words how you think a postgraduate degree will benefit your country and its development.
- A clear recent photograph of yourself: not a passport photo, but something that shows you to your best advantage.
- A clear copy of your valid passport, showing date of issue and expiry. Please ensure it is valid for the duration of your proposed studies; and that sufficient blank pages are available to accommodate visa and travel stamp requirements.
Visit Beit trust webpage for further information on Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarships 2023/2024