Software creation offers a tremendous possibility for empowerment on a continent where there are close to 34 million unemployed individuals. More than 700,000 developers work in Africa, 31% of whom are self-taught – Accelerating Digital Innovation in Africa with Huawei
What’s more important is that women make up almost one in five developers. The annual Huawei Global App Innovation Contest (Apps UP), now in its third year, offers the top app developers on our continent a vital stage to demonstrate their skills while also promoting digital innovation.
Apps UP has so far received close to 10,000 submissions from various countries. Together We Innovate is this year’s theme, which urges developers to make apps that incorporate Huawei Mobile Services capabilities and services that can improve the experiences of over 650,000 users IN 170 COUNTRIES
Apps Up is the ideal exhibition for African developers wishing to draw attention to their cutting-edge methods for tackling the daily issues people on the continent face.
Kurt Mbanje, whose Coresthetics digital fitness coach app won last year’s Best App Award for the Middle East and Africa region, says the HMS Core developer framework makes it simple to quickly deploy an app and eliminates the need to worry about otherwise tedious tasks like user authentication or device authorisation for video playback.
“Huawei holds a sizable and steadily expanding portion of the global smartphone market. By utilizing HMS core, it only makes sense to take advantage of their strengths, claims Mbanje.
As with past contests, Apps UP 2022 offers more than $1 million in prizes to entice programmers to make mobile apps that offer customers a seamless, digital, and cutting-edge experience. Of this, the following prize winners in the Middle East and Africa will each get $200,000:
- Best Game Award Best Application Award
- Best HMS Core Innovation Award for Most Social Impact
- Award for All-Scenario Coverage
- Award for Outstanding Student,
- Starlight Creative Award, and
- Honorable Mention Award
- African developers who are eager to put their ingenuity to use must first create an account on the Huawei Apps UP contest website in order to be considered for these accolades and recognition on a worldwide scale.
- Participants may register either individually or in teams of up to four people, including the team leader. The final submission date is October 9, 2022.
- After reviewing the submitted works, the judging panel will choose 30 applications from each region for the public evaluation and final phases.
- By 20 November 2022, the shortlisted apps will be shown for international promotion on the contest’s official website and AppGallery.
The amount of votes the app receives determines the public rating score for each piece of content. In December 2022, each region will have its own final judging.
The 30 selected works will be ranked by the judging panel using a sophisticated scoring algorithm that adds the scores from the judging panel, public vote, and HMS integration.
How to use
Visit the official website for additional details on the rules and to ask any other questions about Apps UP 2022. Enter your app right now to be eligible to win a portion of $1,000,000, so don’t wait.
Click Here to apply for Accelerating Digital Innovation in Africa with Huawei