Goethe-Institut Project Space (GPS) fund 2023 for South African artists (up to R70 000 seed funding)
Goethe-Institut in South Africa is inviting artists to submit proposals for the Goethe-Institut Project Space (GPS) fund 2023. For 2023, the focus is on projects that are specifically engaging with communities outside South Africa’s big urban centres.
Launched in 2016, GPS seeks to support art professionals from across South Africa who collaborate with cultural or public spaces and engage with the people in the areas where these spaces are located. The Goethe-Institut Project Space (GPS) fund 2023 is a multidisciplinary roving project designed to support work realised all over the country – ranging from workshops to exhibitions, events and performances, including music, dance, visual art, literature, film and theatre projects.
- Financial support/seed funding of up to R70 000 per project to artistic projects realised in South Africa between February and November 2023
All necessary materials and information asked for in the application form.
The following information and materials should be prepared by the applicant in order to fill in the application:
- A short synopsis of your project (max. of 200 words).
- A detailed project description (max. 1000 words).
- A short paragraph about the projects’ objectives and means how they will be met (max. 200 words).
- A project timeline including realisation plan and promotion strategy (max. 500 words).
- Short biographies/descriptions (max. 500 words) of all involved parties (artists, collaborators, space/venue, etc.).
- Collaboration agreement signed by all artists, collaborators and spaces involved in the project.
- A project budget outlining the estimated costs (expenditure) and planned income for your project.
- Supporting material/references of previous work (e.g. press reviews, visual documentation, etc.) – no reference letters needed. Applicants will be able to upload up to three files and add up to three website links.
- Only projects of a non-commercial nature considered.
- Goethe-Institut offers financial support for chosen projects to the maximum amount of R70 000 per project. Should the project budget exceed this amount, the artist/project team must seek further support from other funding institutions, donors or sponsors – the information of which is included in the budget plan for this application form.
- The proposed space has an established track record, operating for at least one year and professionalism evident. The profile of the space must be such that realisation of proposed project is viable.
- The signed collaboration agreement outlining the form of commitment from the space is essential.
- A clear idea on how the project engages with communities, preferably outside South Africa’s big urban centres, must be part of the project proposal.
- Only one project proposal per artist considered by the jury.
Click here for application form Deadline: 12 September 2022
Visit GPS webpage for further information.
Join us on Telegram as well as Whatsapp for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment