Deadline: 11th September 2022
Applications for Cinema without Borders Workshop Programme 2022 are currently open! Apply now.
Cinema without Borders is a multi-day interactive workshop programme for film festival organisers to strengthen new human rights film festivals and enhance the sustainability of existing festivals. In addition to connecting with like-minded festivals, sharing ideas and building new networks, participants get inspired and assisted.
The four-day workshop programme on how to organise a human rights film festival or mobile cinema project will take place from 28 November – 1 December. We will bring together starting and more experienced film festival professionals from the Horn and East of Africa.
- Participants will gain practical knowledge and get fresh ideas and possibilities to strengthen their network.
- By exchanging experiences and best practices, participants are inspired and assisted to further develop their own festival.
- The interactive workshops will address various aspects of organising a human rights film festival, such as programming films and organising debates, fundraising, impact strategies, promotion and reaching new audiences.
- There is no participation fee, costs for travel and lodging all covered
We will select a maximum of 15 qualified participants from the field of cinema and human rights, who already have:
- Some experience in organising at least one socially engaged film event/festival. Requirements for participation include
- A good level of English and a relationship to a reliable non-profit organisation.
- Able to be available for all the 4 days of the programme.
- We invite participants from Burundi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Somalia, South Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda to apply.
Selection of Cinema without Borders Workshop Programme 2022 is based on motivation and experience. Gender and regional balance of participants is also taken into account
- Fill out the online form and application form and submit to Movies that Matter latest September 11th at midnight CEST.
- If you encounter any problems while submitting the application, please send your application to email@example.com.