Sony Music Group Global Scholars Program 2022/2023
Deadline: July 25, 2022.
Sony Music Group is welcoming applications for the Sony Music Group Global Scholars Program 2022/2023.
The Sony Music Group Global Scholars Program 2022/2023 is an international scholarship program where Students from around the world can apply. This scholarship program will advance the future careers of young, diverse talent in the music industry as part of its commitment through the Global Social Justice Fund and partnership with IIE. With the help of this renowned scholarship program, more students will be able to pursue post-secondary education at a variety of top music and music business schools across the world.
Sony Music Group’s (SMG) commitment to corporate giving is at the heart and soul of Sony Music Group’s philanthropic programs and activities across the globe, from the programs led by the business to the partnerships forged with artists, songwriters, and other creators. On June 5, 2020, Sony Music Group announced the launch of a $100 million Global Social Justice Fund to support anti-racist initiatives and educational opportunities around the world that foster equal rights.
- This scholarship is open to students who are planning to enroll full-time in an accredited college or university degree, including 3-4 year undergraduate degree programs, in music or music business-related fields of study during the academic year of 2022-2023.
- Maintain a U.S. equivalent GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or above is required to apply for this scholarship.
- An applicant’s academic record must show potential to succeed in a college/university program in their intended music industry field.
- A demonstrated financial need.
- Applicants do not need to be accepted into a program at the time of application, but if selected for a scholarship, proof of full-time enrollment will be required before scholarship funds can be sent.
A complete application submitted in English and will include:
- Completed online application form
- A personal statement (up to 3,500 characters)
- An estimate of your expected tuition and mandatory fees to complete your degree programs during the academic year of 2022-2023;
- Two reference letters. The letters must come from non-family members who know you well – for example, a teacher, instructor, professor, employer/work supervisor, scout leader, advisor to an extracurricular club, etc.
- High school transcript/grade report issued by the school (for applicants from the United Kingdom or Commonwealth countries, A level, O level, GCSE, or BTEC results are also acceptable)
- Only applications completed by the deadline will be reviewed. Falsifying or plagiarizing any portion of your application is grounds for automatic disqualification.
- Scholarship amounts will range between USD 3,000 and USD 20,000 per academic year for required tuition as well as mandatory fees to complete students’ degree programs and vary depending on the location of the college/university, the type of college/university (state university, private university, etc.), and the Sony Music Group Global Scholar’s expected financial need.
- Scholarships intended to assist students as they pursue undergraduate study but NOT intended to cover all educational expenses. Recipients are responsible for the balance of funding, including tuition and fees, books and supplies, living expenses, and transportation.
- In addition to receiving the scholarship, Sony Music Group Global Scholars gain other opportunities by Sony Music Group to further their professional development, including unpaid internship or mentorship opportunities.
- Upon acceptance, the Sony Music Group Global Scholars Program will provide a wide range of enrichment programming, including structured events and webinars to connect with SMG industry experts to cultivate an international cohort of future music industry professionals.
Scholarship applicants evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Achievement and potential in music fields
- Demonstrated leadership potential and ability
- Personal character, commitment, and potential in their chosen field of study and future music industry career
- Clearly expressed financial need to support educational goals
- Academic achievement
- Career and academic goals in line with stated scholarship objectives
- Compelling references
Scholarships may be renewed for up to three additional years or until completing your degree, whichever occurs first. Renewal of awards are contingent on having at least a U.S. equivalent of 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale toward your degree program and continued full-time enrollment in music or music business-related fields of study, and continuation of the program by Sony Music Group.
Click here to apply. For further information visit the official site
join us on Telegram as well as Whatsup for more opportunity updates
This was beautiful Admin. Thank you for your reflections.
I must say you’ve been a big help to me. Thanks!
How can I learn more about it?