Canon Foundation-Kyoto University Japan-Africa Exchange Program 2022-2023
Deadline 15 November 2022
Get ready to apply for the Canon Foundation-Kyoto University Japan-Africa Exchange Program,which will shortly be accepting applications. Highly qualified researchers in disciplines of study relevant to African Studies may apply for fellowships under the program.
Based on the Memorandum of Understanding concluded between the Canon Foundation in Europe (CFE) and Kyoto University (KU), the Canon Foundation-Kyoto University Japan-Africa Exchange Program started in 2018. The program is intended to support:
- Fellows from KU who want to do research in Africa, and
- Scholars from Kyoto University’s partner institutes in Africa who want to do research in Kyoto.
The fellowships are for a minimum period of three months up to maximum of one year between April 1, 2023 and March 31, 2024. Due to the global pandemic of the COVID-19, fellows can postpone their travel at least for a half year after March 31, 2024, until the travel between Japan and Africa becomes possible.
October 15th, 2022－November 15th, 2022
The financial support for successful applicants ranges from 22,500 Euro to 27,500 Euro per year and is pro-rated for different periods. CFE will directly administer the payments and notify the detailed payment procedure to each successful applicant.
Applicants need to be holding at least an MA degree and employed either at KU or KU’s partner institutions as post-doctoral fellows or faculty members at the time of applying.
In addition, as long as African applicants can submit one of the two reference letters received from their prospective host from Kyoto University and prove their existing partnerships, they are eligible to apply for the program.
Consideration of the applications takes place first at KU and then at CFE. The Selection Committee of CFE will make final decisions and email the results to applicants before the end of March of that year.
Therefore, the earliest possible date to begin the fellowship is April 1 of the same year.
Please submit the following documents to Kyoto University Africa Unit (email@example.com):
- Your research plan including a clear title at the top of the page as well as starting/ending dates of the proposed research. The research plan needs to include a general cost estimate, including living, travel, research costs, insurance, and etc. (maximum 2 pages)
- Reference letters (maximum 1 page each) from 2 persons. One letter should be from someone in a position to comment on your academic qualifications and professional work while the other should be a confirmation letter from your prospective host who can provide research or work facilities to you during the proposed period.
- You’re Curriculum Vitae
- 1 copy of your doctoral certificate or your highest academic degree
- 1 passport size photograph of yourself
- 1 list of your academic publications or professional achievements in chronological order containing information on all authors, place and year of publication and page references.
For further information visit the official page,
join us on Telegram as well as Whatsup for more opportunity updates
Leave a Comment