DEADLINE: September 15, 2022
The Wilson Center is welcoming applications for its “Agents of Change Youth Fellowship 2022/2023,” an initiative of the Wilson Center’s Middle East Program and Environmental Change and Security Program.
Recognizing the significance of the MENA region when it comes to climate response and the potential for youth leadership in the region to shape a more sustainable, peaceful, and prosperous future for the world, the Wilson Center is launching an Agents of Change Youth Fellowship. It is the first professional fellowship program for emerging leaders seeking meaningful careers at the intersection of climate change and security.
The Wilson Centre Agents of Change Youth Fellowship 2022/2023 will run from January 2023 – November 2023. Fellowship events will be primarily virtual, with potential for in-person convening as opportunities arise.
Strengthening Analytic and Communications Skills: The fellowship will include capacity-building workshops in the areas of storytelling, environmental journalism/working with the media, working with policymakers and drafting policy briefs, and leadership skills.
Speaker Series: The fellowship program will include a speaker series in the form of private discussions featuring leading subject-matter experts from the public and private sectors as well as a range of policymakers from the UAE and the region. Through these discussions, fellows will gain valuable insights into cutting-edge research and how to effectively communicate its relevance to public policy and other spheres of influence.
Capstone Projects: The Agents of Change will be supported throughout the experience to identify, develop, and complete a final deliverable which draws from their project experience and provides a tangible step forward in their path toward impacting policy and action on climate, environment, and peace. Each fellow will produce a 3,000 word research paper accompanied by a short written or multimedia product. The Agents of Change Fellows will present and share their deliverables in a final convening. The Wilson Center will package and present selected projects externally.
- The Agents of Change Fellows Program is open to applicants from countries in the MENA region
- Applicants with a minimum of 5 years of work experience in a relevant field or a Master’s Degree, and a proven interest in pursuing a career in which they can incorporate issues related to climate change and peace.
- Location: Fellows can be located in any geographic location with strong Internet access for conducting regular video conferences.
- All applicants should complete an application form via the link.
- Provide a resume, cover letter, and a short response (400 words max) to the following question:
“How can countries in the Middle East work beyond borders to address the challenge of climate change?”
- Send application materials in single PDF packet to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Agents of Change Youth Fellowship Application” in the subject line.
Selected fellows will be announced on November 7, 2022.