Deadline September 15th 2022
A Lifetime of Impact Begins when you apply for the Ford Fund Fellowship 2022. Apply now!
The Ford Fund Fellowship is a virtual program created to give 25 advanced social entrepreneurs the knowledge, tools, and experience they need to scale the businesses and civic projects they are creating.
Each Ford Fund Fellow will gain experience, develop advanced entrepreneurial and leadership abilities, more so create a global network of peers,and mentors as they set the groundwork for empowering a lot more children and transforming their communities.
The virtual format will deliver the 16-week Fellowship. Activities will occur simultaneously from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM Mountain Time. The two-week Accelerator requires a time commitment of about 20 to 25 hours each week. In-class and extracurricular activities inclusive.
With the exception of running a Basecamp,the time commitment for the remaining portion of the Fellowship is about 5-8 hours per week.
- This virtual program is for advanced, next-generation social entrepreneurs and community leaders building ventures that create impactful and scalable innovations.
- Ideal applicants will demonstrate a proven track record of innovation, entrepreneurship, and leadership in their community
- Looking for applicants from the following countries: South Africa,United States, China, Mexico, and Argentina.
- Ford Fund applicants must commit to be part of the 16-week program from October 17th, 2022 -February 24th, 2023
The Fellowship begins with a virtual two-week intensive Accelerator that will focus on:
Community is one of the pillars of the Fellowship experience. A diverse cohort of young leaders and entrepreneurs form partnerships, collaborations, and further their growth and impact as leaders in their community.
Includes fundraising, team building, transformative communication, growth mindset, courage, resilience, creativity, and leadership. Fellows will be guided through the process of overcoming key challenges faced during the process of becoming transformative leaders and entrepreneurs.
Each Fellow trains and receives a stipend and logistical support to lead a three-day training (called Basecamp) in their home community to empower at least 30 additional entrepreneurial leaders per Fellow.
After the two week Accelerator, each Fellow will join a 14-week-long Fellowship, which includes:
- Leading a Basecamp in their respective community. A stipend will be given for logistical and administrative costs.
- Joining a monthly All Hands on Deck meeting that includes skill development workshops and opportunities to build community amongst the cohort.
- $25,000 in seed funding distributed among the 25 Ford Fund Fellow based on progress and impact throughout the Fellowship.
- Regularly attending Master Courses with the world’s leading entrepreneurs and practitioners. Past Master Course Teachers include recognized leaders of Nobel Peace Prize winning movements, the youngest person to run for U.S. Congress, and the inventor of Google’s self-driving car.
- Joining a pod with other Fellows from their respective regions and checking in regularly with each other via one-on-one meetings.
- At the end of the Fellowship, all of the Fellows will participate in a high-profile Demo Day (called The Summit) to share their progress and impact throughout the program.
To apply, click here.