Applications close on 22nd August 2022.
Canon Collins Trust in partnership with Ros Moger and Terry Furlong group invite applications for the Canon Collins RMTF Scholarships 2023.
Canon Collins Trust in partnership with RMTF seek to support exceptional individuals committed to social justice in southern Africa and for whom a postgraduate qualification is an essential tool in working to create an open and just society.
In 2023, we will be making awards only to those studying in three areas:
- Justice, which includes Climate Justice, Law, Economics and Politics
- Education policy and practice
- Humanities, which includes Literature, History, Anthropology and the Arts
Please only apply if your programme of study falls into one of these disciplines.
Sometimes, interdisciplinary courses and PhD programs defy simple classification but applicants to use their judgment in assessing whether to apply. However, applications that clearly do not fall within these areas (for example MBAs, medical sciences, sports sciences and applied sciences) will not be considered for an award.
Further,in 2023, climate justice will be a priority. Climate Justice related scholarship applications may be in a science or applied science field as long as the application can demonstrate its relevance to climate justice related matters
To be considered for a scholarship under this programme you must be:
- A national of, or have refugee status in, one of the following countries: Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe
- Normally resident in one of the above countries
- In possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- studying or applying to study at a South African university
- In 2023, the value of the scholarship package will range from R20,000 to R100,000 depending on student circumstances. We support both full and part-time Masters and PhD level study at a South African university, similarly considering applications from those who wish to study by distance learning.
- We also organize an annual conference for current scholars, and hold several smaller events throughout the year. Scholarship holders expected to participate in these activities in addition become part of and contribute to our network.
For more information about Canon Collins RMTF Scholarships for Postgraduate Study, click here