Are you leading a project that directly works with and empowers women farmers in Africa? Apply now for the EVWA CHANGEMAKERS CAMPAIGN 2022 and get the exclusive opportunity for selection.
EVWA CHANGEMAKERS CAMPAIGN is an annual 30 under 30 campaign, which recognizes and gives a platform to exceptional young Africans, who lead projects that contribute to the empowerment of women farmers. Elevating the Voices of Women in Agriculture (EVWA) Campaign aims to raise awareness of the lived realities of women farmers in Africa.
In order to empower women farmers in Africa, the EVWA Changemakers Campaign celebrates initiatives run by young African leaders. Join us in promoting the SDGs SDG 5 Gender Equality, SDG 2 Zero Hunger, and SDG 13 Climate Action. Become a Changemaker for EVWA
During the nomination process one need to enter:
- Personal details (e.g. name, contact information, date of birth, address, citizenship, education, language competence, short profile description)
- Your professional details (e.g. name of organization, function, your office contact details)
- Information about your project (e.g. name, location, description, explanation how the project fosters women’s empowerment and considers climate change)
- The details of a woman farmer, whom you personally know and has benefitted from your project (e.g. name, country of residence, date of birth, short profile description, how your project affects her)
At the final stage of the nomination process you will be prompted to attach the following:
- A 30-second video in which you introduce yourself with your name, nationality, and the name of your project.
- Explain why you think you should be among the EVWA Changemakers (You will record this video online during the nomination process. There is no need to pre-record the video!)
- Your CV
- A picture of yourself (portrait) as well as a picture of your project (in-action)
- If available, a picture of the mentioned woman farmer
- You will always be able to save your nomination form as a draft and come back to it later.
- Aged between 18 and 30 years old
- A national of an African country
- Must have upper-intermediate English language skills
- Be a leading a project that directly works with and empowers women farmers in Africa
- We encourage individuals of any gender to participate in the call for nominations.
- With the title of EVWA Champion comes a 5.000 USD seed-funding award to scale the impact of this project.
- Inspiring young leaders in the field of women farmers’ empowerment will be selected as EVWA Changemakers and spotlighted on the EVWA webpage.
- The EVWA Changemaker, leading the most innovative and inspiring project will be announced and recognized as the EVWA Champion.
- The EVWA Champion will also receive the unique opportunity to be part of an exciting multimedia documentary production.
- We will publish this documentary on our promotional channels to spotlight the EVWA Champion as a best practice example.
Nominate yourself by clicking here.
Deadline: July 11, 2022