Call for Expression of Interest is available for the UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) Agritech Challenge 2021.The UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF), in association with Atal Innovation Mission, NITI Aayog (Govt. of India); Bill& Melinda Gates Foundation; Rabo Foundation; International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD); and Bayer, is establishing an innovation platform to enable cross-frontier exchange of innovations, insights and investments.
The first set up of the platform is the Agritech Challenge, with a goal on improving financial health of smallholder farmers. The Program will aid agritech and agri-fintech startups to enlarge to international markets, across Kenya, Uganda, Zambia & Malawi in Africa, and Malaysia, Indonesia & India in Asia.
The chosen participants will get admission to industry, investor & market linkages, along with mentorship from sector experts to aid them set up and test their solution in their chosen international market, with successive aid on scaling the solution as well.
Post-program aid to scale up the solution.
Opportunity to be regarded for a financial grant.
- At least $150,000 average yearly revenue in the last 2 years; or $100,000 average yearly revenue in the last 3 years
- Live solution with an active customer and/or user base, and not in development/testing phase
- The applicant must address at least one of the following 3 identified challenge areas in their chosen international market.
Africa: Malawi, Zambia, Kenya, Uganda
Asia: Indonesia, Malaysia, India
For all New opportunities follow us on all social media platforms and subscribe to our page too Your Opportunities Africa
- All acceptable applicants will be examined against the following criteria:
- Solution innovation and differentiation and relevance in addressing market gaps.
- Commercial extensibility potential, P&L and climate, and alignment with SDGs.
- Organizational infra, team and expertise to run and sustain international expansion.
The applicant must hand in a complete application from online before 30 August 2021 (23:59 (EDT). Apply Now for the UN Capital Development Fund (UNCDF) Agritech Challenge 2021.
For inquiries send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.