Applications are available for the Ashinaga Africa Initiative 2022. The Ashinaga Africa Initiative is an international leadership program that prepares the next generation of leaders to be part of the development of sub-Saharan Africa. (ASHINAGA AFRICA INITIATIVE 2022 FOR YOUNG AFRICAN LEADERS TO STUDY ABROAD)
Deadline: January 28, 2022
The Ashinaga Africa Initiative started in 2014. It`s mission is to contribute to sub-Saharan Africa’s enlarging role in global development through accelerating access to higher education abroad. They aid orphaned students who are devoted to returning home and starting off change, by giving access to full financial aid to study at a university abroad (equal to an undergraduate degree).
The AAI gives access to full financial aid to study at university abroad (equal to an undergraduate degree), including tuition, room, travel costs and other basic fees.
Subscribe to our newsletter not to miss out on any African Opportunities
Have lost one or both parents.
Have accomplished secondary school and gotten the results of their national secondary school examination (technical and vocational degrees not welcome) within the last two years (any date after August 2, 2019 including all 2020 and 2021) or will have accomplished secondary school and gotten final results before February 28, 2022.
- Be born after September 1, 1999.
- Not have the means to attend university abroad without external financial support.
- Be proficient in English, French or Portuguese.
- Be regularly ranked in the top 10% of their class during their last 2 or 3 years of secondary school.
- Be able to participate in the two Ashinaga preparatory programs, over the course of one year, before attending university.
- Be committed to return home, or to Sub-Saharan Africa after graduating from university.
- Have no dependents that could interfere with academic progress.
- Have good enough health condition to be able to study abroad.
- Applicants must have citizenship and have completed high school in one of the following countries:
Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, South Africa, South Sudan, CAR, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Cote d’Ivoire, Kenya,, Republic of Congo, Kingdom of eSwatini, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, The Gambia, Togo, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Djibouti, DRC, Ethiopia, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Gabon, Ghana Bissau, Guinea Conakry, Somalia, Seychelles, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Applications for all states will be examined after the application final date, and successful applicants will be admitted to a final assessment. During this assessment, Ashinaga carries out individual interviews and places an examination to better understand students’ academic potentials and career aims in Sub-Saharan Africa. Students must show all original academic documents to the interview. Failure to do so may result in discharge from the application procedure.
APPLICATION FOR THE ASHINAGA AFRICA INITIATIVE 2022 FOR YOUNG AFRICAN LEADERS TO STUDY ABROAD
There two stages to the Ashinaga Africa Initiative application process:
- Applicant Registration: all applicants must first prove their suitability by registering for the program. Only students who register for the program and are considered eligible will get the application form by Email. Each decision about an applicant’s suitability is based on the criteria sketched above and their academic of an applicant reflects the academic level they anticipate students to have in order their bloom as part of their intensive leadership program.
- Application: all students who register for the program will get an email with a link to the application form within 1month of their registration if they are suitable for the program.
The application final date is Midnight GMT Friday 28th January 2022. The final date for applicants from Lusophone states (Angola, Guinea Bissau, Cabo Verde, Principe, Sao Tome and Mozambique) is Midnight GMT Friday, October 15, 2021.