WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
The Elisabeth and Amélie Fund supports initiatives of Belgian organizations active in Africa, Latin America and Asia, which work with a local partner to improve access to water in a sustainable way.
The Elisabeth & Amélie Fund’s 2024 call for projects will focus on school sanitation projects with a hygiene education component.
How can you study without drinking water or latrines?
Setting up and maintaining sanitation and water access systems in schools is essential to attracting and keeping more pupils at school, especially girls.
The projects submitted under this call for proposals will aim to improve schooling conditions by focusing on sanitation and access to water. This will go hand in hand with raising awareness among teachers, pupils and their parents about water, hygiene and the environment.
The following elements should be included in each project:
– Latrines: basic sanitation, preferably by installing ecological systems;
– Hand hygiene: access to water for hand washing or innovative alternative solutions;
– Ecological toilet waste recovery/purification;
– Raising awareness about water, hygiene and the environment and raising awareness of the management of common property (latrines, etc.) to ensure its long-term upkeep.
Priority will be given to projects with innovative and ecological solutions.
An information session will be organised the 20th of February 2024 at 4.40 pm at the FRB – rue Brederode 21, 1000 Brussels. Please confirm your attendance through here link (registration is mandatory).
WHO IS IT FOR?
Any Belgian organisation that works with local partners and involves them in every phase of the project
HOW TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION?
- Make sure you are eligible for this call for projects.
- Connect up to your account via https://candidate.kbs-frb.be, or create an account if this is your first application.
- Complete the application form online (you can take your time and do it in several stages if you like).
- When your application has been fully completed, send it in.
- We will send you a confirmation by e-mail, as well as a pdf of your application.