Deadline: 14th Dec 2023 | Applications Invited for Sport for Women’s Empowerment Programme
Embrace the opportunity of being part of Your Opportunities Africa community! Get timely and daily updates across various spaces. Find the link to our combined Whatsapp and Telegram groups here.For timely and daily Updates Join our social Media groups Whatsapp 1 , Whatsapp 2 , Whatsapp 3, Whatsapp 4 Whatsapp 5 , Whatsapp 6 , Whatsapp 7 , Whatsapp 8 , Whatsapp 9, Whatsapp 10, Whatsapp 11, TELEGRAM 1 , TELEGRAM 2 CHANNELS
TELEGRAM IS RECOMMENDED
Concerning the Organization
FIFA’s mission is to oversee and advance football globally. The organization has been quickly changing since 2016 to become a body that can better serve our game for the benefit of everyone on the planet. Football is being modernized by the new FIFA to be inclusive, accessible, and worldwide in every way. Not on one or two continents only, but all across the world. We will support the growth of football worldwide in order to ensure that at least 50 national teams and 50 clubs from every continent are able to compete at the highest level possible. This is all part of our aim to make football truly global.
GIZ is committed to forming a future worth living all throughout the world as a service provider in the fields of international cooperation for sustainable development and work in international education. GIZ has more than 50 years of experience in a wide range of fields, such as peace and security, energy and the environment, and economic development and job creation.
The international community, including the German government, institutions of the European Union, the United Nations, the business sector, and governments of other nations, is in need of its federal enterprise’s wide range of competence. In order to promote effective interactions between development policy and other policy domains and areas of activity, GIZ collaborates with corporations, members of civil society, and research institutes. The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development is the primary commissioning body for GIZ.
|Title:||Applications Invited for Sport for Women’s Empowerment Programme|
|Fund/Grant;||Grant Amount: 22000 Euro|
|Deadline;||14th December 2023|
|Eligible countries:||FIFA member associations|
Concerning the Grant
The German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, FIFA, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), and the Agence Française de Développement (AFD) worked together to successfully implement the first co-financed project under the Sport for Mental Health and Social Cohesion Programme.
The aforementioned project serves as an example of how sport in general and football in particular can unite people, heal social divisions, and promote inclusivity in society. In continuation of this endeavor, FIFA and GIZ are introducing the gender equality-focused Sport for Women’s Empowerment Program. The AFD connected FIFA and GIZ, who agreed to carry out this project as a means of deepening their cooperation.
Organizations from all 30 of GIZ’s partner nations will be eligible to submit project proposals under the initiative starting on November 2, 2023. For projects to be considered, they must use sport as an instrument to:
combat the disparity in gender;
- address sexual and gender-based violence, or support and elevate women’s roles.
The running partner association, La Guilde, will choose 16 initiatives in total that address gender inequality and make it easier for women to pursue leadership roles, integrate into the workforce, develop life skills, and improve their health via sports.
- The project is in line with Germany’s Feminist Development Policy, which has been implementing and expanding an approach focused on sport for gender equality for more than ten years, as well as the eight activities under the FIFA Women’s Development Programme, which aims to boost the growth of the female game. Together, GIZ and FIFA will try to bring about change in countries all across the world so that gender equality is acknowledged as a human right and applied.
- The world football governing body will provide financial support to three of the chosen projects that the FIFA member associations proposed. GIZ will provide subsidies for the other thirteen projects, with a minimum of thirty percent of the funds going to African organizations.
How to Utilize
Request for proposals – how to apply:
- Examine the rules to make sure your project and your organization are qualified.
- Get the application instruction here.
- Visit the platform for applications.
For additional details about Sport for Women’s Empowerment Programme, Visit the Official Website