Application deadline: October 31, 2023, at midnight (Paris time) | Programme Specialist ( Education) Job Vacancy In Kinshasha | UNESCO
OVERVIEW OF THE PROGRAMME FOR EDUCATION SPECIALISTS
Postal Code: 2023_6CDED0003RP
- Level: P–4
- Parent Sector (ED): Education
- Workplace: Kinshasa
- Family of Work: Education
- Fixed-term contract type
- Contract term: two years, extendable
- Both internal and foreign candidates are welcome to apply.
- Application deadline: October 31, 2023, at midnight (Paris time).
- Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, and Professionalism are among the UNESCO Core Values.
- The Mid-Level Professionals Programme (MLPP) includes this role.
- We fervently urge applicants from unrepresented and underrepresented Member States to submit an application.
More specifically, the incumbent will
- Program Management and Design
- Develop, support, and monitor programs and strategies in relation to SDGs 4 (Education 2030) and 8 (Employment 2030), UN Development Assistance Frameworks (UNDAF), and UNESCO Country Strategy (UCS) documents, including in areas of education policy, planning, and management, particularly in the area of teacher preparation, continuing professional development, and skills for life and the world of work.
- Coordination, planning, monitoring, and implementation of the office’s ESD program as well as its programs for inclusiveness, global citizenship education, and females’ education. Determine national goals and emphasis areas in accordance with the UNESCO Strategy for ESD, the National Strategic Framework, and the methods and plans of other development partners. Offer programs and strategies to address the issues of multi-sector growth.
Technical Support and Policy Advice
- Start and develop policy recommendations, methodological aids, and technical support for Ministries of Education and other important stakeholders to carry out country-level program activities, particularly in the areas of resource projections and information management systems with a focus on ESD and teacher education.
- Create, implement, and track research projects, programs for technical assistance, capacity-building initiatives, and funding requests relevant to policy and technical matters affecting regional skill development.
- Partnerships, knowledge management, and resource mobilization
- Create a knowledge base and put outreach methods in place with the goal of spreading the word about UNESCO programs on ESD and teacher training.
- mobilize and network with partners on a national, regional, and global scale, including the UNESCO Specialized Institutes (particularly IIEP, UIL, and UIS).
- Prepare project proposals and frameworks for collaboration with the government and donor organizations, as well as engage in fundraising efforts, to mobilize resources to support skills development, policy analysis, planning, and system development in the DRC.
Core and managerial competencies
- Continuous learning and improvement
- Organizing and planning
- Being professional
- Creating collaborations
- Managing and implementing change
- Making wise choices
- inspiring others and taking the lead
- Performance management
- Thinking strategically
- Please refer to the UNESCO Competency Framework for more details.
Competencies & Skills
- a track record of spotting new trends in development and educational needs.
- the capacity to assist and advise policymakers on matters of policy.
- a track record of successfully converting strategy into priorities and action.
- Possessing the ability to negotiate and coordinate with various stakeholders, partners, and a network.
- ability to mobilize resources and raise money.
- ability to gather, synthesize, and analyze information from a variety of sources.
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal abilities, as well as the capacity to lead teams and employees in a multicultural setting.
- Outstanding oral and written communication abilities, including the capacity to plan, organize, and convey conclusions and recommendations in a clear and succinct manner.
- Excellent IT skills and media and information literacy (MIL) expertise.
- Working knowledge of English and excellent spoken and written French.
Ph.D. or comparable advanced university degree in education, public policy, international development, or a closely connected discipline.
Experience at Work
- professional background in relation to African educational strategies
- practical knowledge of policy support, resource projection, and information management system capacity growth.
- a track record of designing, managing, and coordinating education plans and strategies on a global scale.
- knowledge of TVET and higher education management and policies.
- knowledge of assessing and analyzing national policies on teacher education.
- experience conducting surveys and quantitative and qualitative analyses to gather data.
Competencies & Skills
- knowledge of the work and operations of the UN System, including important institutions like the UN Country Team (UNCT), Delivering as One (DaO), and other collaborative UN Programming and UN interagency initiatives.
- knowledge of one of the other four (Arabic, Chinese, Russian, or Spanish) official UNESCO languages.
PRODUCTS AND ENTITIES
- The pay at UNESCO are made up of a base salary and, when appropriate, additional benefits like: a family stipend, 30 days of yearly leave, health insurance, a pension plan, etc.
- The beginning wage for this position is roughly 124 185,56 US dollars per year.
- Please refer to our Guide to Staff perks for more information on perks and entitlements.
Selection and hiring procedure
- Please be aware that all applicants must submit an online application and accurate, complete information. Please visit the UNESCO Careers page to apply. The application that has been submitted cannot be changed.
- Based on the requirements in the job posting, candidates are evaluated using a competency-based interview, exams, and/or assessments.
- UNESCO assesses and evaluates candidates through communication technologies like video or teleconference, email correspondence, etc.
- Please be aware that only chosen candidates will receive further communication, and based on the information supplied, references will be checked on candidates at the final selection stage.
CLICK HERE To Apply For Programme Specialist ( Education) Job Vacancy In Kinshasha | UNESCO