Application deadline: October 10, 2023, at midnight (Paris time) | Administrative Assistant (Culture) Job Vacancy In France Paris | UNESCO
OVERVIEW OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (CULTURE)
Postal Code: 106 CLT/PA
- Level: G-4
- Culture Sector (CLT) is the parent sector.
- Paris is the duty location.
- Workplace: Cultural
- Contract Type: Project Appointment
- Contract term: one year
- Both internal and foreign candidates are welcome to apply.
- Commitment to the Organization, Integrity, Respect for Diversity, and Professionalism are among the UNESCO Core Values.
- Candidates seeking this role must be authorized to work in France.
- Contract term: One year, with the possibility of an extension pending payment and performance.
- Assist your coworkers in the CLT Programme with the creation of budgets and other project- and program-related documentation, including cost estimates, project documents, modifications, budget adjustments, and overall budget monitoring, in compliance with UNESCO’s policies and procedures.
- Gather and analyze data.
- Assist CLT Program coworkers with their HR and financial needs.
- When reviewing and approving any financial commitments, act as the financial certifying officer up to the level of authority granted by the chief financial officer.
- As needed, create correspondence, notes, and tables; maintain files and set up a reference system (hard copy and electronic); aid with meeting planning; compile statistics.
Core and managerial competencies
- Continuous learning and improvement
- Organizing and planning
- Being professional
- Please refer to the UNESCO Competency Framework for more details.
- secondary, technical, or vocational education.
- working knowledge
- 3 (three) years’ minimum worth of experience in administrative work or a closely connected subject.
- competencies and abilities
- outstanding interpersonal abilities.
- efficient time management.
- Ability to work effectively and diplomatically in a multicultural context with a variety of stakeholders.
- Be diligent and effective in keeping your word and getting things done on time.
- Excellent diplomatic skills, discretion, and moral character.
- Excellent IT expertise and mastery of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Good knowledge of English and excellent spoken and written French.
- Experience at Work
- Experience or knowledge of how the UN or other international organizations operate that is relevant.
- competencies and abilities
- familiarity with the Culture Sector’s programs and activities as well as knowledge of UNESCO’s activity.
- understanding of one or more of the UNESCO’s official languages, including Arabic, Chinese, Spanish, and Russian.
PRODUCTS AND ENTITIES
- The pay at UNESCO are made up of a base salary and, when appropriate, additional benefits like: a family stipend, 30 days of yearly leave, health insurance, a pension plan, etc.
- The starting wage for this position is around 37 833 euros per year.
- Please refer to our Guide to Staff perks for more information on perks and entitlements.
Selection and hiring procedure
- Please be aware that all applicants must submit an online application and accurate, complete information. Please visit the UNESCO careers page to apply. The application that has been submitted cannot be changed.
- Based on the requirements in the job posting, candidates are evaluated using a competency-based interview, exams, and/or assessments.
- UNESCO assesses and evaluates candidates through communication technologies like video or teleconference, email correspondence, etc.
- Please be aware that only chosen candidates will receive further communication, and based on the information supplied, references will be checked on candidates at the final selection stage.
CLICK HERE To Apply For Administrative Assistant (Culture) Job Vacancy In France Paris | UNESCO